Public transportation in Xiamen

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Xiamen ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Xiamen?

Thanks in advance for participating!

can anyone tell me how to get from Jime (XMUT) to downtown?

Hello is this forum active at all??? nobody answers!:(

Hi piglet44, why don't you start a new thread on Xiamen forum with all your queries, for better visibility? It may help.;)

Harmonie.

piglet44 wrote:

Hello is this forum active at all??? nobody answers!:(

if you mean Jimei (集美)to Xiamen then the best transportation method is BRT, Xiamen communal bus way build on leveled highway, Jimei-Xiamen bus is available like every 3 minutes from 5AM to 10PM there.

Armand wrote:

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Xiamen ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Xiamen?

Thanks in advance for participating!

i can only said that they are quite developed. Instead of subway they have BRT,bus way build above the ground, that covered pretty much, all important area in Xiamen. There are bus and other things too. The fare ranged from 5毛~3元. I mostly use BRT and bus in my four college years because of my budget. They are mostly very crowded in rush hour, thus the only safety issues I concerned is robbery.

Is there a map of the routes in English I can look at?

@harmonie This IS on the Xiamen forum as far as I can see

BRT is great, efficient and cheap means of transportation in Xiamen (although a tad crowded at times), but sadly the network is limited.   if you are at the Jimei  Bridge end of Jimei, the BRT is an option from the Gymnasium stop, but if you are at the other end of Jimei, near the university or Jimei village,then the BRT is not so convenient.    If you are near there, then a bus is the best choice, can't recall exactly which bus numbers, but there is  a direct bus to SM, and to Xiahe Lu from the Lake.

Hope that helps!

thanks a lot Mark went on the BRT yesterday from downtown back home and it was a breeze only 30 mins to our stop Chengyi so all is well! thanks for spending the time to reply!This forum doesn't seem as active as WOX

I read about the Tourist Bus No. 1 and Tourist Bus No 1 Night Time, and Tourist Bus 2 but can seem to find them.
Help.
rcs

This forum is a waste of time there is nobody here and nobody answers questions really...:-(

Hello piglet44.

Maybe you should really start a new thread with your questions on the Xiamen forum. This will allow better visibility and more interaction. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Dear Aurelie this advice was already given to me at the top of this thread by Harmony and as far as I can see this thread is headed Forum/Xiamen/transportation??? I mean this forum is just totally underpopulated.... no real info whatsoever I am going back to whatsonxiamen which has real live people on it