Public transportation in the Maryland

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in the Maryland ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in the Maryland?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi, I've lived in MD for 17 years now.This is a few years late, maybe, but it's 4Am and I might as well answer.

1) I think they're very good.

2) The modes of transportation vary here. There is RideOn, Baltimore Light Rail, MetroBus, MetroRail, MTA Bus, MARC, and Amtrak service around here. In addition, there are 3 major airports for the area- Reagan National, Dulles International, and Baltimore/ Washington International.All the networks are very well developed and easy to use.

3) Yes, very often. Driving is not always practical around here.

4) It depends.RideOn fare is $1.80 if you don't have a SmartCard, $1.60 if you do. MetroRail, on the other hand, varies drastically according to where you are going and whether the hours are "off peak" or "peak." You will get charged up to twice as much during peak.All in all, a fare will be from $1.70 to $5.75.  If you do not have a SmartCard, however, it would automatically be $1 more.It would take too long to describe every system, but there are websites you can look at.

5)Yes, they are very safe. There are almost no collisions, and I can only recall one fatal collision in the past 17 years, after which Metro conducted an overhaul.

6) I use a mix of MetroRail, RideOn, and driving.

Hello PinkyPeas.

Thank you for your contribution :top:

Regards

Karen :)