Public transportation in Moscow

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Moscow ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Moscow?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Armand!

he transortation in MOW is quite developed i would say - especially if you need to cover the inner part of the city  in the remoted parts - it's also conveniet enought.
there are different of them available - buses, trams, trolley-buses, public taxies and underground.
I suggest - underground is the most efficient - as you do not depeтв on the traffik and jams. But the lines and changng the lines within one station - can be tricky.. As soon as you will figure it out - it wont be a problem. I would not advise you to use the taxies - as hey are really expensive and the drivers, unfortunaely, cheat.. even on he locals ..
there are also guides - with all the routes o the public transport. Hopefully they have them in ENG - just check on this brocheure in any newspaper's kiosk.

Good Luck and always take care of you belongigns when you use public transport.

Dear Armand,

The Moscow metro is great. You have a train every minute or so, which is so much better than London or Paris. It's also really cheap. Plus, every trip is like going to the museum. The stations are beautiful in the city centre. It's very easy to navigate, but it is useful to be able to read cyrillic alphabet!

However, most trains are incredibly noisy, so don't forget you headphones! At rush hour, it's not uncommon to be squeezed just by somebody else's armpit, so get used to it! Apart from that the Moscow metro is one of the best I have ever experienced!

Hope you'll enjoy the experience!

Moscow metro is best for moving within city if you do not have a car, it is quite safe. 1 ticket costs about 28 RUB/1usd, 20 tickets costs about 520RUB and can be used within 60 days.
Here is metro map in English:
honest-realtor-moscow.com/2011/10/moscow-metro-map.html

Hello!

Thanks you all for your help.
It is much appreciated ;)

Regards
Armand