Public transportation in Barcelona

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Barcelona ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Barcelona?

Thanks in advance for participating!

I've been using the metro quite a lot, and I find it very easy. When you buy your ticket in the ticket machine you can choose english if you don't understand catalan or castellano.

Regarding the trains they are fresh and it's very easy finding your way in the underground. There is often "guards" standing by the barriers, making you feel safer.

The only thing I can comnplain about is the heat on the platforms.

A single ticket costs 1,45 euro. You can also buy 10 tickets for 8,25 euros or something...

I have lived in Barcelona for almost 7 years and I can say that the transportaion system is very good and reliable.
The cost depends on how many rides you buy at one time.
A single ride will cost you 1.20 euros.
10 single rides will cost you roughly 7.45 euros
If you are going to be using the metro(subway) and the buses on a regular basis then it is best to buy a 50 single ride ticket.

On all of these you are able to transfer from the metro to a bus or from a bus to another bus within 90 minutes from the time of your departure on the first means of transportation.

Tips:
If you get on a metro car and the air conditioning is not working then just keep walking through the cars until you find one that is comfortable. The same goes for oders.

If you are in doubt about which way to go ALWAYS ask one of the other passengers. If they don't know the answer I garantee that someone else will chime in and give you the right answer.

DON'T be shy. Spain is not the place for shyness. The Spanish are very forward and loud. It will help if you are loud ;-).

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your help! It is much appreciated :D

Regards
Armand