Any Brits in Brazil?

Would love to hear from any fellow Brit expats, even if you are at the other end of the country! I've been living in Brazil for almost three years now and have yet to meet a single one! Would love to read your blogs if you have any, too.
I live in the state of Espirito Santo, so would be great to meet anyone nearby, but as I said, wherever you are in Brazil, please get in touch :-) I look forward to sharing experiences with you and exchanging stories.

By the way - this is not necessarily to meet up, if you are far away, but to meet Brit expats to chat to online would also be great.

hi,
how is life in brasil?

regards
ash

Heya!

I am indeed a fellow Brit in Brazil. I moved over here with my Brazilian fiance last month. So far so good, but a lot of cultural adjustment is underway!

How did you find your first few months? Are you teaching over here? I did a CELTA in London before we left, but have so far found schools quite unwilling to help or be amenable, which is unusual as I have found everyone else here willing to bend over backwards to help...

Would be good to hear about some of your experiences!

Lucy

Yes, that is what I have discovered! I am going back to the UK for a while at the end of the week, but plan to start teaching on my own when I return!

I am living in Belo Horizonte. It is nice here in the centre, lots of good places to eat and drink! We just got back from a holiday near Angra dos Reis which was a really lovely break - the one thing BH is missing is sea!

Thanks for the advice, hopefully I will do OK on my own...

Hi!
I'm Lucia and I'm British! I'm moving to Rio to be with my boyfriend out there in two weeks! I'm interested to hear a few of you here have been living in Brazil for over a year. How does it work with visas? Because I am under the impression you're only legally allowed to stay for 6 months. Does boarder hopping give you more time?
Thanks! x

Heya peeps =)

I'm from London, I've been living in an 'interior' town in Minas for almost 2 years now. Really miss home! My maternal family are from Salvador so really miss the beach in this heat! hehe

I teach at a school, and also give private lessons at home.

Anyone who has a blog let me know!

Nice to see more Brits in Brazil, we're quite hard to find!

Hi Everyone,

So nice to find some fellow Brits here in Brazil! I moved to Brazil in September 2010 with my Brazilian boyfriend, I used to live in London but am originally from Sussex, near Chichester, and my family have lived in Devon for nearly 10 years now so I know the South West pretty well too!
I live in a city called Campos do Jordao in the Sao Paulo state, and teach english - at schools and privately (I agree with previous posts that teaching privately is better paid and less stressful I think, but sometimes unpredictable with the number of students and how much money you make :) )
I would love to hear from any Brits that live in the Sao Paulo state, or in fact anywhere in Brazil! There are definitely not very many expats around where I live so would love to be able to make some friends who can reminisce about the things we miss from back home and celebrate the great things about living in Brazil too!!

im from hertford hertfordshire, im waiting for my permanent visa but its going to take awhile!!!

Hello,

I saw this post andf thought i would reply. I am a brit, living and working in sao paulo. I have been here for over a year now. Where are you.

I would like to make some brit friends, i miss them sooooo much

Hello melbvitorio, BDBrasil, chantelleb44, LucyHolden, Lucia Pupilli, missycrissy, rachelinbrazil, gav34 and nativelana

http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team I would like to welcome you all on board. I hope your experience here on the blog will be both enjoyable and informative.

A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all of you as well. I note that while some have you have registered quite some time ago you have not been particularly active on the blog. I sincerely hope that this will change in the New Year, since it will make meeting new friends a lot easier. As and expat (Canadian) who has been living in Brazil for eleven years now I can tell you that there's nothing worse than the feeling of being isolated and alone here. Participating in the forums (not just the Brazil Forum) will help build a circle of friends both here and abroad and will go a long way towards reducing that feeling.

I am the Brazil Animator and if any of you need assistance in the way of information, advice or explanations regarding the absurd bureaucracy here in Brazil please feel free to drop me a line, that's what I'm here for.

I have been making plans to hold an Expat-blog get-together in a few locations in the year to come (if I can afford it) and was thinking of Rio, São Paulo and Belo Horizonte to begin with. Please watch for further announcements in this regard and perhaps we will have a chance to meet in person.

Hope to see you all more often in the forums next year, we really need more contributors and your participation will be appreciated by all of our members here in Brazil. While I note that you are all looking primarily for fellow Brits, please don't limit your contacts just within your own countrymen since you'll be missing out on the wealth of information and pool of potential friendships from all the other expat groups here in Brazil. Trust me, each group has something different and special to offer. Don't forget that Brazil is a truly multicultural country and as such has expats from every corner of the globe. While many of them may not be able to share experiences of your home country with you, the experiences they have as expats here puts them in the same boat as you're in right now, so you really do have much more in common than you might think.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hi there
I am a 32 yr old who has just moved to Santos Brazil with my family.
I have 2 young boys and my husband works in Sao Paulo. We live in an apartment in Ponta da Praia.
We have only been here 2 weeks and while I am learning the lingo, was wondering  whether there were any english speakers around to meet up with?
I think the locals are friendly and great fun, but itŽs always nice to meet people in the same boat!
x

Hi Amy,

http://www.earlylearninghq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team welcome on board and a heartfelt welcome to Brazil for your entire family. I hope you will find lots of new friends here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

I'm not a Brit expat, but I do live in Vila Velha, Espírito Santo with my Brazilian wife. Would love to make friends with some other expats in ES.