Honeymoon Destination Suggestions

Looking for suggestions on where to go for my honeymoon.  My husband and I are new to Australia and will be honeymooning in January.  Any suggestions?  Comments on Great Barrier Reef, or Bali?

Hi AussieTexan,

Congratulations!! :)

You may post your message on the Bali forum as well.

If you are in Perth, have you ventured South of Perth? There are a lot of nice places there, and it seems to be very different to Perth. Are you planning on making Perth your home permanently, or just for a couple of years? I lived in the UK for 2 years, and because it was 'home' for that time, I missed the chances to go out and see the things that were in my own back yard. ;-)

Cape Tribulation in Queensland is beautiful but I think there is a couple of months where you can't swim because of jelly fish in the water.  I forget what months they were.

http://www.cairns.com.au/visitor-inform … guide.html

Sydney is also a great place to visit if you like the big city and won't be as hot as North Queensland. 

You should also look at Tasmania as thats another really beautiful place.

If your in Perth you have the Island of Mauritius pretty close to you in the Indian Ocean just off Madagasgar I think (I think its French).

Not really familiar with WA,  I know you have a lot of mines :)  I thought Broome was the place everyone went to in WA for a holiday.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions.  I am not actually in Perth yet.  My husband is there and I will be over in December after my semester finals end.  We will spend about a year there.

We most certainly plan on doing as much traveling as his job will allow.  We will do quite a bit of exploring in and around Perth. 

Rainman...I did look into Tasmania and it looks AMAZING!  I will check out all of your suggestions.

Thanks!

My wife and I just recently took a trip to Fiji and had such an amazing time. We split the trip up between active/exploration and doing nothing just relaxing by the pool ocean side.

We stayed a the Hilton Resort but I would recommend staying on one of the smaller more private islands. If that is not within your budget then I definitely suggest taking a boat out to one of them as a day trip.

Cheers!
Adam