ADEC teacher moving to Al Ain with Husband

Hello!  I will be coming to Al Ain just as soon as we are moved into our apartment.

My husband and I are interested in getting involved with a community theatre company and/or ballroom dance classes.  Any effort to help point us in the right direction would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I have been in Al Ain for a year now. My 11 year old daughter is also in ballroom dance, in fact, won at competition in Florida before we moved. She has now been without dance for a year and I HATE that cause she is so good! If you do find anything, PLEASE let me know as well!
Jennifer

are there any adult classes by chance?

I have not seen any. Of course that does not mean definitively no, but I know of none. I do know there is another teacher in Abu Dhabi who is certified in and leads ballroom for adults and students, but I am not sure of the timings. That IS an avenue I have considered, but it sure is a lot of driving! :(

Hello artemis, mom2hac

http://artalain.info/ this should point you in the right direction - I haven't been there personally...
A year back I had taken the ballroom classes at the Rotana - not sure if they have it now... Do call up their recreation adn check it out

You can try House of Arts in Al Ain - 03 762 6651.They also have a website

The owner and Manager's name is Gabriella

Seems ADEC is a law unto itself and apparently the application of National Law does not apply to them!!!! Or so its said!!
An instance of this is that several teachers where told at the end of their first 12 months that they would be on probation for a further 3 months.
It is against UAE law to extend a probation period beyond the max allowed of 6 months.
For all your info. If Adec then decide to terminate your contract the least you are entitled too is 3 months salary and your repatriation airfare.
A recent case in Dubai also found that until all disputed payments are settled you are entitled to remain in your accomodation.
This is not the only matter where ADEC does not abide or honor its own contract.
Now it seems there are still, after 6 months, teachers waiting for reimbursement of their airfares.
Many are very unhappy at being micromanaged whilst being expected to take on a work burden double and treble of that expected of their Emiratie 'colleagues'whilst being paid much less.
The divide will be even greater with the recently announced pay rise.
Do remember if you have a Contractual problem that the version of your contract is the one in Arabic lodged with the Ministry of Labour. That is the one the court will look at.
First make sure that you have an accurate translation.
For those thinking of signing a contract they should insist on appending a attestation that their English copy is a true and accurate translation off the Arabic version.