New business

I'm contemplating starting a business in CR.  It would be pet oriented.  Selling leashes, collars, pet food, pet carriers and the such.  Not selling any pets whatsoever!

I know that I would have to be in an Ex-pat rich environment.  I just don't know how well it would go over.

I'm also a former veterinarian technician, so I'm also able to give vaccinations and I do alot of dog training.

I'm contemplating the Jaco area.  Does anyone have any advice?

Also, any info about the duties/taxes of such a venture?

I recently settled in Atenas and brought my internet marketing business with me.  There are plenty of Expats here, and everyone has pets!  Even though this is a small town, there are several veterinarians, and animal feed stores. 
To promote my business, I go into Cariari/San Jose once a week for a BNI meeting.  This is the one active BNI (Business Networking & Referrals) chapter in Costa Rica, and they exchange business and refer members to others.
The group has about 25 members and growing.  They're a mix of locals and bilingual expats.  Something like this may give a boost to getting your business going here. 
- Michael