Is there a legal way to homeschool in Brazil?

Hello Jackson,
The academy's name was Liberty Academy, in Illinois.  It is a religious school, therefore one of the subjects was religion, and my wife wanted it ti be that way.
My wife was the facilitator and the books and other materials came over the mail, but some work was done over the internet as well.
My children had some freedom of studying time, but had to accomplish a certain volume of work every day, sometimes in the studying room we set up, sometimes by the swimming pool.
As for the results, my youngest boy had finished 6th grade when we returned to the US, in the middle of te school year.  In January he was registered and tested at the new school in California, and the principal placed him in the second semester of the 8th grade.  One month later he was the top student in his class.
I have no regrets at all, and the cost was not even near what the American School charges in São Paulo.

Hi Ron
So your kids gone back to school once you got back to usa.
While your were here, When your children were out and about doing other activities, what would they say about school, wen people asked? Bcs ppl always ask: what school do they go to...
How about the schooled friends ?
Thanks for replying

While we lived at Riviera de Sao Lourenço, in Bertioga, there weren't many people around, so my kids didn't have many friends.  When we moved to Serra Negra, SP, is when they made several friends and where the "lady" stuck her opinion in the way we schooled our children, but nothing came of it.
One of the reasons we decided for the American academy was that it was a recognized course in the US so the children would not have to go through any steps other than transcripts in order to register in any American school.

Jackson,
I was trying to find some pictures of the study room we had set up for the children, that included maps, internet, book shelves and individual desks, as well as some pictures of them working math problems on the whiteboard by the swimming pool, but I don't know in which folder I placed them.  Every one in a while I come across such pictures then I forget where they are.
Mom, by the way, was a very strict and demanding teacher substitute.