"I love Vietnamese" Project

Hello,

I'm Stephanie, the one who posted a topic about "free-of-charge Vietnamese language lessons" of the "I love Vietnamese" project five months ago.
I've spent the last half an hour searching for my post to update it but found none, so here I am re-writing and updating about it in the shortest way that I can.

We're a group of Vietnamese students from different majors, who can speak English fluently, nurturing the aspiration of spreading Vietnamese language and culture all over the world. Our "I love Vietnamese" project started in February, 2011, attracting 15 expatriates so far and we do hope there will be more expatriates who take interest in learning the language.

We're currently making the flash cards and finishing up the lesson plans to help you study better, for thanks to our little but precious experience for the last five months, we have found out some common problems within expatriates while studying the language and some effective methods of ours while teaching the language.

If you're interested in learning the language and culture, or having problems while studying, we're all here to help. The books we use are from Vietnamese Studies Department of the University of Social Sciences n Humanities. However, we're only capable to get you through the first and second books. After that, if you want to study more, we suggest you register for the classes in that Department. We can only help you practice speaking after finishing the second book.

We mostly provide one-on-one classes which take place in the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in district 1 or at certain book coffee shops, but we're quite flexible, so it's up to you to choose where, when and how you want to study.

If you want to join the class, kindly contact us at: [email protected]

Jessica will give you more information and coordinate the class schedule for you.

Please remember:

1. It's not an EXCHANGE class 'cause we don't speak English while teaching or at least, we try not to while explaining the grammar.

2. This is our own project and not attached to the University of Social Sciences and Humanities, where we study. However, we can get helps from our Linguistics teachers who are happy to explain certain things which we cannot immediately give you the answers.

3. If you have joined the project before and it was not like how it's explained above, that's because we've just started to change our methods, hoping that can help you improve your language skills faster. The flash cards and lesson plans will be ready by early September.

Well, looks like it's longer than I expected ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you :)

Stephanie & Jessica.

really like and wanna to be a fan of this project

Sounds like your learning and improving from your experiences so far :)

Here's the original thread :
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63642

Hi laidbackfreak,

Have you joined the project before?
Thanks for the link :) I've had a hard time searching for it :(

:) Hi everyone,

Just want to inform that our flash cards and lesson plans for the first book are ready :)

Best regards,

Stephanie & Jessica.

Hello :)

We just don't want you to miss out a chance to learn Vietnamese language with us ;)
We've just recruited 10 more volunteers located in different districts just in case you cannot come to our usual place to study, you still can have the lessons somewhere in public around your area :)

Thank you for your interest in our language.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Stephanie.

Hi guys,

Check this link out: http://ilovevietnameseproject.wordpress.com/

The good news is that more and more students are joining the project so we have to recruit more tutors now. We have around 20-25 students at the moment.

Another better news is that we're in online magazine and tv now. Our credibility is confirmed :)

We're truly happy to help you so just send us an email if you ever need help :)

Best regards,

Stephanie & Jess.

Hi Stephanie,
I am Vietnamese living in HCM city. I really wanna be a part of your project. Please let me know how I can join. Thanks.

I'm glad that you have project like " I love Vietnamese", do you guys welcome native Vietnamese girl like me join? Let me know if i can help any little thing for this project.

Hi,
I will join this project. It looks like an awesome one !

Thank you all of you for your love for VN !!!

Hi all :)

Please read the first post of this thread.

Thank you :)

S&J.

I see

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hey Stephanie4942,

My name Bao Minh, i live at Ho Chi Minh.I want became a partner. Can you lead me ? My phone : ***

Nice to meet you.

Can you send to me more information about this project.
Thank in advance,
My ID: [email protected]
iamhung

Hi Stephanie,
I wanna join your project. I want to be a tutor. So let me know if i can join with you guys.
Thanks for reading.
Truc

Hi Stephanie & Jessica,

Great when know club. This is club i'm looking for long time.
I want to take part in in Group.
Please send me information.I'm line in HO Chi Minh
My contact : email [email protected]
Phone : 0984 584 251

Sincerely,
Geny

Can you send to me more information about this project.
Thank in advance

My name's Thoa . I 'm living Distrist 1 . I want to join " I love Vietnamese" . Can you help me ?.My phone number 0979297345 :))

<3

I am definitely interested in learning. I will be in Vietnam again for the month of October, 2013 (my 10th visit to VN). Is there any way to get the flashcards and/or books in PDF in advance to start studying before I arrive? I will be moving to VN in summer of 2014, and need to learn the language to do business there. Ok, thanks for any help you can give.

John
Tampa, FL USA

I agree with SaigonVisitor. If you could provide some of the study material, it could help those of us who are trying to learn Vietnamese in the US.

Hi Stephanie4942

I am 38 years old and experienced in translation. I want to join in the project as a tutor. I am living in Go Vap and please let me know what kind of help I can do.

Cheers
Tam

Hello Stephanie & Jessica,

It's great project. I am very excited and really want to join. Can you tell me how can I join and some more information.
My email is: [email protected]

Hello guys -> Just to note that this thread is a bit old! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

My name Bảo Yến, i live at Ho Chi Minh.I want became a partner. Can you lead me ? my email: [email protected]

Em oi!
This is too old thread in 2011. The OP never respond after 2012! I doubt that "dream project" still going on or not  :)

BaoYen wrote:

My name Bảo Yến, i live at Ho Chi Minh.I want became a partner. Can you lead me ? My phone 0983 729 445. Email: [email protected]

BaoYen wrote:

My name Bảo Yến, i live at Ho Chi Minh.I want became a partner. Can you lead me ?. Email: [email protected]

charmavietnam wrote:

Em oi!
This is too old thread in 2011. The OP never respond after 2012! I doubt that "dream project" still going on or not  :)

BaoYen wrote:

My name Bảo Yến, i live at Ho Chi Minh.I want became a partner. Can you lead me ? My phone 0983 729 445. Email: [email protected]

Not really.
It's advertised yesterday at the cheap? price of $ 25 USD /hour.(plus tip).
Don't forget,all the teachers are volunteers!

I don't really understand what do you mean!  :)

jimbream wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

Em oi!

BaoYen wrote:

Not really.

charmavietnam wrote:

I don't really understand what do you mean!  :)

jimbream wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

Em oi!

Not really.

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/edu/4449205201.html

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/93/36/25/933625b476a25fe51b6dd1d494059677.jpg

Yep those lovely people are helping out at 25usd and hour.

ghê gớm  :)

Hmm ... "Business is great and due to the volume of new students, we have had to increase the fees."

So if business is great, and teachers are volunteers .... how does that make you need to increase fees? As an avowed capitalist,  I'm all for making money for your services ... but this seems a bit deceptive.

My capitalistic 2 cents

Saigon Visitor wrote:

Hmm ... "Business is great and due to the volume of new students, we have had to increase the fees."

So if business is great, and teachers are volunteers .... how does that make you need to increase fees? As an avowed capitalist,  I'm all for making money for your services ... but this seems a bit deceptive.

My capitalistic 2 cents

It sounds like they have more "customers" than they can handle so they decided that they should charge more. Interesting for a "project" at is supposed to be free. Also interesting that they applied for a $25,000 grant from the U.S. government. I don't know which is sadder, the people paying $28 per hour to learn Viet or the people teaching them for free.

:dumbom:

My capitalistic 2 cents

Your capitalist views don't belong here!  :P

Adhome01 wrote:
Saigon Visitor wrote:

My capitalistic 2 cents

It sounds like they have more "customers" than they can handle so they decided that they should charge more. Interesting for a "project" at is supposed to be free. Also interesting that they applied for a $25,000 grant from the U.S. government. I don't know which is sadder, the people paying $28 per hour to learn Viet or the people teaching them for free.

it's interesting, it's "dream project" which I almost decided to be a volunteer, but now I change my mind because of doubt, there is sth I can not understand here.
By the way, hiring me, I charge for 10$/hour, lol.

hi. mọi người, ai có giáo trình dạy tiếng việt cho mình xin được  không ạ? mình đang dạy tiếng việt nên cần tì hiểu về cách dạy nó như thế nào? thanks so much.

BaoYen wrote:

hi. mọi người, ai có giáo trình dạy tiếng việt cho mình xin được  không ạ? mình đang dạy tiếng việt nên cần tì hiểu về cách dạy nó như thế nào? thanks so much.

Hi Yến,
please English here because most of people use this language. And by the way, I have some ideas about teaching Vietnamese means, so you may find useful. I'll share if you are still interested.
Email me for the idea, xxx