What is a good wage to live on in Paris?

Hi all.

I have just been made an offer by a small business which requires that I consider moving to Paris.
Part of that offer requires that I submit an acceptable first year salary for them to consider.
The job is to be a lead IT dev/consultant. Now I don't know what areas of Paris are good to live, what the tax rates are like and how much living costs in the city (though I have visited many times).
I was thinking €25k but I don't want to be living on breadline wages.

if you know what is an acceptable wage for where you currently live, then you can go to a cost-of-living comparison website and find out how much the equivalent is in Paris.  Just google for things like "wage comparison cities paris."  There are a lot of sites that have this.
good luck!

Most of parisien people received around 25000 euros per year with partiticipation included butthereare so many distorcion between wages...

Hi,

1 month salary means ok. 1 year salary is too much. don't accept this offer. better to search another job.

Inprimus wrote:

Hi all.

I have just been made an offer by a small business which requires that I consider moving to Paris.
Part of that offer requires that I submit an acceptable first year salary for them to consider.
The job is to be a lead IT dev/consultant. Now I don't know what areas of Paris are good to live, what the tax rates are like and how much living costs in the city (though I have visited many times).
I was thinking €25k but I don't want to be living on breadline wages.

You must count 800 euros for a 30m2 in Paris per month and 600 in 45 minutes far from paris.
Ask me other things if you want cause I'm living in Paris.
Marc.

€25K per year? For a lead IT dev/consultant, that seems insultingly low (I'm a Développeur Senior with my company in Paris and I wouldn't dream of that salary). I also would be careful about checking the cost of living calculators. Many of them seem rather unrealistic. Instead, check out sites like Glassdoor and others to get an idea of what people in a position comparable to yours would earn.

I don't know exactly what you mean by your job description (ours is a wide-ranging field), but a quick search on glassdoor.com shows Parisian software developers making a wide range between €35K and €65K.

I have a series of posts on my blog about getting a work permit in a foreign country and part 5 is about salary negotiation with a foreign employer. You might find it useful.