Looking to make new friends,

Hi Everyone,

My name is Vick and though I am a local here in Singapore, I would like to expand my social circle of friends, getting to know local and expats.

Have lived abroad for some time, in the pursuit of my studies and work too. Now working in a Research Institute based in Singapore.

Hope to hear from anyone who is interested in making new friends. Thank you for taking time to read my post.

Best Wishes

Vick1612

Hi and welcome to the forum Vick!

Thanks for this introduction!

What would be the reasons for people to go live in Singapore?
What advices would you give?

Regards
Armand

Hi Armand,

Thank you for your kind post.

Well, what ever the negatives that could be said about Singapore, it is a SAFE and SECURED place one could live in and be assured of a low crime rate heaven.

As for giving advice, I'm not one that would be suitable but I do think Singapore has its perks if you one were to compare with US or the European counterparts.

Regards,

Vicknesh

Hi,
I have been to Singapore twice  in the last year. On both occasions I was there as my work sent me. On my 1st trip i walked to alot of places alone and I never felt unsafe or uneasy at any time. Everyone pretty minds their own business. :D

I was based near Marina Bay, and went to places such as Bugis, Little India, City Hall, Tanjor Pagar, China Town and a few places close by. I think this is like the City area of Singapore although i've never to other parts. Singapore is a very small county but you will be surprised how well presented it is. I was absolutely amazed how beautiful the country looks and how it maintains its amazing "features". :happy:

I did notice there are alot of expats there so you'll never be lost. What i found very amazing is the fact the country was so clean. Littering in public is banned and so is chewing gum! So no dirty pavements from spat out bubble gum or cigarette butts. If found littering in public, i believe you get fined! So beware.. :rolleyes:

The public transport i personally found very impressive. The taxi service was very good. At most times the taxi driver always spoke to make conversation and at times was quite amusing. The metro system, again an impressive system.. The fares were adequate and your mobile works underground in the metro, fully air conditioned (unlike the UK :( ).

I also found english is very well spoken and written there too.
While at work, i didn't find any barriers with communication there. I have also been told the Singaporeans are very hard workers and this i do believe.  :cool:

From speaking to my work colleagues, i was told accommodation is quite expensive, the cheaper and affordable places are further out of the city. Owning a car is very very expensive too. I checked out the price of a car compared to Bahrain and it was almost double the price! :unsure

These are my own personal experiences of Singapore and i hope it gives any one a rough idea what the place is like. From a personal perspective I think alot of countries can learn from Singapore. So definitely a thumbs up from me :proud

Kind Regards
Jaz

:thanks:

Hi Jaz,

Thank you for the well described posting of your trip to Singapore. It's nice to hear that your experience in this island has been nothing other amazing. I am glad my fellow countrymen has made it memorable for you.

I do hope you come for a personal trip to Singapore, wherein you can enjoy the sights and sounds away from the city centre.

Best Regards,

Vicknesh

Hi this mark desouza fron india  currently working in saudiarabia iam looking for  frnds from singapore 35 to 45 age