General Work Permit - received in two months!

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up!

I have heard such horrible stories of Home Affairs taking forever to process work permits and was really nervous about my own application. I was told it would take at least 3-6 months but was very pleasantly surprised when it came back only 2 months later!
My lawyer said that several of her clients have been receiving quick responses lately so if you have one in the works, you might get it back quicker that you expected.

Cheers :)

thanks for shraing!!!

Yaelie wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up!

I have heard such horrible stories of Home Affairs taking forever to process work permits and was really nervous about my own application. I was told it would take at least 3-6 months but was very pleasantly surprised when it came back only 2 months later!
My lawyer said that several of her clients have been receiving quick responses lately so if you have one in the works, you might get it back quicker that you expected.

Cheers :)

Hi yaelie,
I'am danielle and i'am new on the blog. The story about your work permit is amazing, I can't believe that your process have only taken 2 months, that's really fantastic.Tell me have you proceeded by yourself or by your lawyer? I also want to ask for a work permit and i just want to have further informations about your process.
Cheers. Danielle.

Hi Danielle and welcome :)
I was sponsored by the company I work for and they went through a lawyer. Some people are fine to apply on their own but for me it wasn't necessary.
Cheers~
Y

Hi Yaelie. Out of interest, can you tell me what kind of work permit you applied for?  I have a two year permit, one year left, and would like to have a proper long term arrangement.   Also are you prepared to say who the law firm is?

Two months is still 30 days longer than the legal regulations that Home Affairs must adhere to.