An offer to work in Gibraltar with an income of €1.000.

Hi!
Currently living in Lisbon, Portugal, I have an offer to work in Gibraltar with an income of €1.000.
Is it doable, in Gibraltar or in La Linea de la COncepción (middle class - this income is more than the doble of Portugal minimiun wage).
Is it easy and fast to cross the border every morning and every afternoon? is there busses or so? affordable cost?
Is it safe to live in Gibraltar or in Linea de la Concepción?
Is it necessary to register as a foreigner to work there? how can that be done?
And travelling to Madrid or London or Lisbon/Oporto/Faro is chip?
Thank you very much for your attencion.

Hello springbutterfly!

A new discussion has been created on Gibraltar forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.

Not really sure where to reply to this as there are three different relevant threads now!!

1) Yes it is doable.  If you are working in Gib though, the income should be in £s Gibraltar not €s.  Who are you going to be working for??  Whether it is euros or pounds is important.  If it is euros, then probably better to live in Spain, if pounds then you can look at Gib.  Because you don't want to lose every month on the exchange rate.

2) I think it is easy and fast to cross the border if you are walking/cycling/or moped/motorcycling.   There are queues for cars.  I don't consider it a long walk from the frontier to town.  If you don't want to walk, once across the frontier there is a bus to the market place in the town centre for a euro or two (can't remember the price). 

3) Gib is normally considered a safe place to live.  La Linea less so.  Depends where you are and where you go - like anywhere.

4) If you are a European national then there should be no problem working in Gib.  You will need a contract of employment from your employer, but they should provide that for you. 

5) Depends how you want to travel to Madrid/London/Lisboa/Oporto/Faro.  Bus to Madrid or Portugal is usually the cheapest.  You can get cheap flights - booked in advance - to London. 

2)