Short transfer time in bahn station - Hilversum

Hi guys,

I'm booking a train ticket from Amsterdam Centraal to Berlin HBf.
There's one transfer point in Hilversum but the time is only 4 minutes to shift the train. Please suggest me how to make preparation for this short time cause I'm going with family.
If I miss that connecting train, is it possible to catch another one without additional cost ?

Amsterdam Centraal   06:56    IC 1521 Intercity
Hilversum            07:17 

Transfer time : 4 minutes.

Hilversum    07:21    IC 141 Intercity
Berlin Hbf   13:20

Really appreciate for any valuable information.

Thanks & Regards,

Iwan

If it is a connection, one train is waiting the other,... and I have to say that trains in germany they are (almost) never late!

Hi Iwan,

You (normally) arrive in Hilversum at track 3, your connection to Berlin leaves at track 2.
You just have to cross the platform from track 2 to 3, it can be done in a few seconds. Normaly the train will wait for transferring passengers.

You can see a picture of the platform you ave to cross on wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilversum_railway_station

If you miss the transfer due to a delay of more than 30minutes you can ask for a refund . When you travel with NS: see ns.nl/en/travellers/service/delays/refunds-for-delays

If you have more questions or need tips to see in Berlin just send me a e-mail.

Greetings,

Klaas

It's great Chris, I dont wanna wait for longer time.
Thanks Klaas. You convince me a lot.

Cheers,

Iwan

No thanxs! Just like to help people!
If you visit Berlin, try a Curryworst at Curry36 . One of my favorit stops in Berlin!

Enjoy!

nooo - Konnopke Currywurst is the place to go ;-)

I never went to Konnopke, so I can't compare it to Curry36... But you'll think it worth it? ;)

Then I'll try it on my next visit to Berlin!

of course it is :-D

so please - have a go !!

^^