Close

Employment Pass Rejected

Good afternoon everyone.

I just have few queries about my application and I hope you can help me.

Last week, my employer applied E pass for me with $4,800 salary and I am really worried and I keep on checking the Mom website 3 times in a day. Does it affect the online processing of my pass?

Thanks.

I didn't get your query, which part will affect the pass process from MoM? Your salary or you are checking 3 times a day? But anyway none of the above will have an impact on MoM's decision. Hope for the best and have patience. It can take more than even 2 months to see the result. So, no need to check 3 times a day.

Thank you..

Hi, anyone help me plss...
Can company apply both ep pass and spass at one time?

On the application form, there is a check box "Consider candidate for S-Pass if ineligible for EP" (or similar wording). If the company marks that, both will be considered.
Please note that S-Passes are subject to quotas and levies (which the company has to pay the government for employing a foreigner), so many companies are unwilling to do this.

I use eponline to check application status, It shows that my ep got rejected, it didnt show anything on spass and i believe company apply both passes for me. Does it mean sp also rejected?

Your employer should call MoM and ask!

I'm just here to post an update.

Wow, my EP application has been pending for 3.5 months now. I think this is longer than most that I have seen in this forum.

You're setting new records!
Did your employer contact MoM and ask what is happening? If so, what was the answer?

Hi beppi! You are still most active, I see. :)

Yeah I was just on the phone with my employer and they said that HR has been trying to get updates from MoM but MoM only mentioned that they are still reviewing my application. So I just have to wait some more.

Wishing you all the best. By the time you get good news, hopefully then your application must have created unbeatable record of 4 months pending for an EP ! ;)

sandestiny
sandestiny Today 14:41:05
2 posts
Hi, I share my EP experience.

I was graduated bachelors mechanical Engg from India. And came to SG for work by work permit -1year. Later went to India for some reason and worked there for 2years.
Later on again I came back to SG by S-pass and for almost 6years in a govt sector with 3200$ /month.

During that time I did my Master degree in engineering from NANYANG TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY part time with service obligation.

Now I got job offer from MNC with my same job role and a quoted salary of 5800$ /month. My application was started since 22Sep2016 and within 7 days got rejected. Again with my consultant support, second time applied somewhere 17Oct2016 and got rejected as well.

Later on my consultant asked me to send my tax bill, pay slip and bank statement. Together with that they sent the actual job contract copy to me to get sign and revert.

Once again applied on 4Nov2016, now I'm waiting for my LUCK to get approved.

To
Both the admin,

What's your view on my case and referred your previous threads, the EP goes 5 step process. Especially I'm here to hear more about the 3step PENDING TO VET THE DOCUMENTS. Coz until now I didn't see such status in my process.

Thanks in advance😃

I'm not an admin, so not sure if you want to hear my response.
In any case, your working here on WP and S-Pass before means your Indian degree is not recognised by MoM (otherwise degree holders should get an EP). I am surprized NTU admitted you into a M.Sc. course with that.
Now, with a local M.Sc. you should not have a recognition problem. So something else led to the rejections. The salary, although low, should still be in the permitted range (as far as I know). There are several other possibilities, but your message doesn't give a clue which one it is.
Vetting of documents is not done for every applicant - and local degrees/experience needs no vetting.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for the comments, my bachelor is from recognised university and its in MOM list as well. That's y I'm able to work currently in NGEE ANN POLYTECHNIC - RESEARCH ENGG. Later only I was able to upgrade my Masters from NTU.

Here I'm just sharing my case for upcoming users. Though each and every case may have different perspectives.

Thanks man for your time

sandstiny, please read carefully what Beppi says. His points are very valid. In very rare to rare case an Engineer with BE certificate (graduation), doesn't get an EP. Because S pass is meant for diploma or unrecognisable degree certificate.

Secondly, you have mentioned you did Msc part time from Nayang Technology University (which is well recognised all over world, better than IITs in India), but in this case I'm not sure though that whether MoM does accept any such course (part time or weekend course), cause there is a significant difference between a regular course and a part time or weekend course.

Did you or your employer get any details or a line of reason of your EP rejection? Did you check all your documents or experiences mentioned correctly? Now a days, it's heard that people are getting EP approval after 2months or even more. Be patience and good luck.

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore