Employment Pass Rejected

If your degree is not recognised by MoM, you will have problems getting an EP. Did your company tick the box "also consider for S-Pass if not eligible for EP"?
I have no experience with such short-term passes, thus cannot tell you if MoM applies different criteria here. I guess not - they are very much buerocrats who only follow their rules.

Hello Beppie, what if the company does not want to withdraw my pending pass application, can I request MOm to withdraw it? :(

I wanted my pass application with another company be processed, but can't move on with a pending pass application from the other. Thanks again.

As I said before, company A has to cancel the EP application after you properly terminate the employment contract (also verbal contract) you have with them. If they don't, report this, together with the necessary proof (i.e. your termination and their reply saying they will not cancel the application, both in writing!) to MoM and ask for their advice. Most probably, if company A is not following the rules, they will be fined and the application cancelled by MoM.

I sent the employer a msg via whatsapp and called him. And the reply also was via whatsapp coz he didnt answer my call. But ok.. I will draft an email to make it formal. I hope he will reply properly. Then I can request MOM to cancel if he still doesnt want to withdraw it at their end. Thank you so much Beppie.. Really appreciate it.

Hi everyone

I needed some advice on my application.

I have been working in London for the same Big 4 firm for 4 years (3 years in Tax and 1 year secondment in Consulting). I have a degree from a top 5 university in the UK and am a qualified Chartered Accountant (2014).

I am transferring internally through my firm to Singapore. My firm applied for my EP last week and it was rejected this morning. I asked the reasons and I was told no reasons were given by MOM. I understand they ticked the box for both EP and S Pass. My salary will be $5,000-5,500. They have submitted an appeal today as well based on business needs with no changes in my background and credentials. When I asked if this approach was taken before and if it was successful, I was told that it had been previously successful.

The role that I am coming to Singapore to do, I have already done previously and have experience in this same department in London.

Can you help with any explanation about why it may have been rejected? And what my chances are for the appeal to be approved, should I prepare myself for another rejection?

Thanks

From your description, I would agree with your HR that your credentials are not the problem.
Thus, most likely the issue (besides low salary) is the justification why they need to hire you and not a similarly skilled local. The HR did the right thing by submitting a better one with the appeal.
Good luck!

Thank you for your quick response!

I can see that you are one of the "go to" people on this forum. I was wondering, in your experience, what my chances are for an appeal being approved based on the new information supplied by my HR?

Also, a more general question, do most first time EP applicants get rejected? I've been trying to read up on this online, but have been getting a little confused with the information available.

Thank you!

MoM goes strictly by thei own (non-published) criteria. If the right boxes are ticked, you get your EP, if not, you are rejected. There is no bias for or against first time applications.
Your chances now rely on how well the company justified hiring you and not a similarly skilled local. Since I do not know their explanation and your industry, I cannot comment on your chances. Obviously, it would be.best if there are no similarly skilled locals, but that may be unlikely.

Thank you for your help - I have my finger and toes crossed my appeal is approved!

Hello Everyone,
3 weeks ago, my employer filled ep application manually. I tried to check status online by submitting FIN no and passport no, but nothing comes up about the new application. I can only see the status of current EP that I hold.
Any idea why I can't check ?
Thanks

Manual applications take longer, but after three weeks it should surely be shown. The company should ask MoM about the status and if anything went wrong!

Thanks Beppi for replying, a week ago company had asked mom and they said it's still in process. I guess I'll just wait another week before contacting my company again.
Thanks again.

I have applied for an E-pass through by an agent after a month my agent give me FIN no to verify I verified it on ministry of manpower website it say approved. does it mean E-pass approved?
What is the next steps can I fly now for Singapore? or is there any other step?
Please help?

Congratulations, your EP is approved.
MoM will issue an "In Principle Approval" (IPA) letter, which you need to show to immigration when entering Singapore (it is your entry visa). The final EP will be issued after you pass the medicalcheck (after arrival). Then you can start work.

Hi guys,

I got an offer for research analyst at Singapore. I have a work experience in same field of around 3.5 years. I have done my MBA and graduation in management. The salary offered is 5500 SGD. Do you think the chances of approval are good. I checked on MOMs assessment tool and my university is listed and it shows that I am likely to get the pass. Please tell me. This job means everything to me.

If MoM's assessment tool says that you are eligible for an EP, you probably are.
Then, if the employer is also eligible to hire foreigners, and can convince MoM that they cannot hire a local instead of you, you will get the EP.
Good luck!

Thanks beppi,

The employer has hired few expats earlier so I am thinking that they are eligible. They submitted my application last Friday. Should I ask them to let me know the status. I don't have the FIN to check it myself.

You can ask them for the FIN to check it yourself. But you need to be patient: The process can take over a month in some cases.

HI Beppi,

I got the FIN number from the employer and checked the status. It says "pending". I thought they process applications within 7 days.

Beepi,

Is MoM's assessment tool reliable? It shows that I am eligible for Employment pass but would check on company's eligibility and previous offence.

I am applying for the first time so there cannot be any offence plus I know that the employer has an experience of employing expats. Are my chances good if the assessment tool says so?

Guys can anybody tell me how much time does MoM take to process application. Mine was submitted last Friday and the status still shows pending.

Processing of EP applications can take anywhere between a few days and two months - and there is nothing you can do to speed it up. Be patient is my best advice!

Beepi,

My status just changed to "approved". What does it mean? What do I need to do now?

Congratulations!
You (or your employer) will receive a letter soon with the next steps.

Thanks Beppi for your time and replies.

Do you know what are the next steps? They had applied for it through an agent in Singapore.

Does this mean that I have the EP now?

Yes. (If you don't know the meaning of "approved" you can check it in a dictionary.)
You need to travel to Singapore, pass a medical check, get your EP card and then start work. But as I said this is explained in the letter you will receive.

Thanks Beppi.

I know what approved means but I was confused between the status--approved and issued.

Anurag, don't worry ... Everything is good. You are coming to Singapore. Welcome. Where r u from ?

Thank you so much lovenbliss for understanding. I am very new to this so I had questions.

I am from India.

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone who recently had to appeal a rejected application had any success and also roughly how long it took MOM to get back on their decision regarding the appeal?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for EP to MOM on 19th of NOV and still i have not received my IPA, whereas my friend who applied on 5th NOV he got the EP by 17th and went to Singapore also.

Usually it takes 7-10 working days to approve for the IPA, but in my case its getting delayed why don't know.

When i approached my manager he said got to know that

My case to been sent to external agencies for their inputs (verification of details/documents you submitted) and outcome can take up to 2 months.

BTW i had a travel last year to Nigeria West Africa on a business visa, is that travel casing any problem.

Or is my academic is causing problem as i have less the 60% in my Degree...

Please do help me I'm really tensed and worried as lot of things are depend on my travel to Singapore.

Thanks
Patil

I can tell you one thing... How much marks you got in graduation is not a problem. Your university should be recognised by MOM. Your Nigeria trip is also not a problem most likely. Be patient. There are lot of factors unknown to us. No point in stressing yourself by imagining different things.

What Lovenbliss wrote is true: MoM sends some applications for external verification and others not - the selection criteria for this are not publicised. How long this takes depends largely on how long your home country authorities and schools need to respond to the enquiries - it can be a few weeks or months.
Be patient! (There is nothing else you can do anyway!)

Hi Lovenbliss/beppi,
Thank you for your fruitful advice guys  :)  Yes that's true that apart from waiting i don't have other option.
That's what a delay in a progress could give lot of possible negative out comes...
Lovenbliss : i hope my university is well known one VTU
I have one more a last query, as there is little problem in my name like
In passport i have only first name printed and even the same name is there in the company profile also, where in my degree certificate and marks sheets i have full name (First name middle name and Surname).

Will this causes any problem ... Sorry guys juts predicating the causes which could have made them for sending to the third party.

Thanks & Regards
Patil

The discrepancy in name(s) is a likely cause of the delay: MoM needs to make sure it's the same person in all documents!
You can only hope that your university replies soon to confirm it was you (and can give a good reason why non-official names were added to the certificate).
For the future I recommend getting a certificate issued with your official name only.

Thanks Bappi...

I have started the process of making the name same across all the documents which i hold so that there will not be any issue.

Just praying to god so that i can get my EP as early before the chrismas...

Regards
Patil

Hi Bippi/Lovenbliss ,

Thanks a lot guys for your moral support that kept me alive and keep pushing mysefl.

I have received my EP just now and you guys are the first know and i'm really thank to you and everyone in this group.

Thanks & Regards
Prasad Patil

Hi Beppi,
My sister worked as Partner & Brand manager of restaurant for 5 yrs with her P2 pass. Now , she decide to change her job to Interior design with basic pay $2500(She graduate from Singapore government design diploma ). Can she have any chance to get her Spass as her pay will be much lower?Or she need to find another job?

This depends on all the details of her case. She needs to try to find out!

Thank you