Volunteering in Egypt and helping Orphans & Poor citizens

Dear all

This friday going to several places, so who's interested to join!

Dear all

This friday who wanna join some good deeds!

Just feel free to post your confirmation

Thanks

Hi,

Can you give more details of the plan for this Friday?

Thanks

keod wrote:

Hi,

Can you give more details of the plan for this Friday?

Thanks

We will go to kids shelter and stay like +ne hour chating and playing with them then we will go to ESMA for 2 hours to help the animals!
And may go to a poor area named Batn el ba2r to give them some kids clothes

If u wanna add some thing it will be nice

Thanks

Hey guys,

I work in an NGO called Hope Village that takes care of street children, orphans and children from underprivileged families.
It would be my pleasure to organise a big project where you guys could visit the shelters and give the stuff to the children yourself. If somebody wants to volunteer (individually), any sort of support is greatly appreciated. Just contact me via PM.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon, either in this forum or privately.

Cheers,

Amira

Hi Amira,

Thanks so much for your great idea, of course we would like to join you soon and visit this shelter.

If am not wrong I guess its located in nasr city end of Abbas el Akkad street!

Thanks again for your support.

Mohamed

Hey Mohamed,

There are several shelters in Cairo, but our headquarters are in Nasr City, very close to Abbas. That's absolutely right. We can organise visits at any time and we can also work out an individual plan how you can support the organisation and its activities.
Are you going to that expat meeting tonight? If so, we can discuss details (This goes to everyone of course! ;) )

Cheers

Amira

Ya Amira,

We visited several place before and had fun but honestly about todays meeting peopel won't ever discuss about volunteering as it the last thing they will thing about ;)

Am really planning to make some thing private as a volunteering project and a friend is helping me in this isue! I will PM you with my friends name

Meanwhile hope you enjoy todays meeting :)

Good luck Amira

Alrighty, thanks!

My main purpose for tonight is not my job either. To be honest, I'm just really looking forward to a fun night with cool people.

Will be waiting for your PM.
Cheers

Amira

Who's in just post here as usual and I will PM once u reply
Thanks

Great idea! :D I'm away for a few weeks but will chat to you Amira when I get back ;) It'd be great to organise a group to help the kids & families out. Good work!

Elaine

Hi guys,

I also like the idea of having a group of people that supports us. We can still work out what this support would look like.

Thanks a lot for your effort, Moe!

Amira

Amira,

Let's try to make some thing for kids before the feast ( el eid ), guess it,s better :)

Take care

don moe wrote:

Amira,

Let's try to make some thing for kids before the feast ( el eid ), guess it,s better :)

Take care

I'm in for anything! What if we just fix a date to meet now, so it's less talking and more action. ;-)

I suggest Sat Oct 22 or Sun Oct 23 around 7 pm, so we can arrange something before November.

Let me know :-)

Check ur inbox

MiaSayed wrote:
don moe wrote:

Amira,

Take care

I'm in for anything! What if we just fix a date to meet now, so it's less talking and more action. ;-)

I suggest Sat Oct 22 or Sun Oct 23 around 7 pm, so we can arrange something before November.

Let me know :-)

i am more familier to fix a date for Volunterring ... and let us have action ....

Ya Islam hope this time u will come :P mesh zay kol marra :D

Fantastic! Which day is suitable for you to discuss details?

don moe wrote:

Ya Islam hope this time u will come :P mesh zay kol marra :D

hehe, you are right in this, but as you know my weekend i schedule it stared from geting up untill i go to sleep, so pls fix the date and time and i will be in.

MiaSayed wrote:

Fantastic! Which day is suitable for you to discuss details?

Refering to my this weekend schedule, i am free Friday morning{from 9:00 AM} , and Saturday evening (From 8:00 PM}.

BTW:i like your pose of this picture.

Okay, so here it is.

We will meet on

Saturday, October 22, at 8pm in Tivoli in Heliopolis.

Be there. :-)

Confirmed

MiaSayed wrote:

Okay, so here it is.

We will meet on

Confirmed

I just realised Tivoli is not a cafe but a complex of several restaurants and cafes. Oops. Which place do you guys suggest?

Cheers

PM

malsi wrote:
MiaSayed wrote:

Okay, so here it is.

We will meet on

Confirmed

Islam we will meet saturday
I will PM u place and time ;)
Don't spread

don moe wrote:
malsi wrote:
MiaSayed wrote:

Okay, so here it is.

We will meet on

Confirmed

Islam we will meet saturday
I will PM u place and time ;)
Don't spread

Done, and I am waiting...

Check ur inbox ya islam

Plus who ever wanna join us just post here then am gonna pm the details

Thanks all for ur concern

Dear All,

Thanks to those who showed up yesterday, especially to you ya Islam! It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm sure we can do good work together.

Now that everybody knows about Hope Village Society, I suggest that we meet soon to brainstorm what everyone could do.

I have a few new projects at the moment where Egyptians as well as foreigners could work. I remember we talked about this, Sousou, because it's difficult to communicate with the kids when you speak no Arabic at all (although we have a lovely Japanese volunteer and the kids LOVE her). However, I'm sure we can find something to do for everyone who wants to contribute to Hope Village's work.

Really glad to know that there are people like you who want to make a change.

Cheers,

Amira

that's a very good topic
here you go my email [email protected]
hope any one who have a list of ophens unions or any other charity  org. please sent it to my email

i would like to volunteer and be part of something historical country

freeman_sam wrote:

that's a very good topic
here you go my email [email protected]
hope any one who have a list of ophens unions or any other charity  org. please sent it to my email

Hey,

I don't have a list of orphanages etc. but I work in a non-profit, non-governmental organisation. So if you would like to know more about us, you could maybe attend the next meeting. It would be a pleasure to tell you more about our work.

Cheers

Good morning guys,

How about a second meeting which hopefully everyone interested will be able to attend? This time I'd bring a pen and a paper, so we can really do and decide stuff.

I suggest either Friday or Saturday, as this is everyone's day off. Maybe not too late. Any ideas?

Let me know.
Cheers

Amira

MiaSayed wrote:

Dear All,

Thanks to those who showed up yesterday, especially to you ya Islam! It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm sure we can do good work together.

Now that everybody knows about Hope Village Society, I suggest that we meet soon to brainstorm what everyone could do.

I have a few new projects at the moment where Egyptians as well as foreigners could work. I remember we talked about this, Sousou, because it's difficult to communicate with the kids when you speak no Arabic at all (although we have a lovely Japanese volunteer and the kids LOVE her). However, I'm sure we can find something to do for everyone who wants to contribute to Hope Village's work.

Really glad to know that there are people like you who want to make a change.

Cheers,

Amira

would like to have more info about hope village address and how we can donate
tks in advance

Hello
This is a really great idea. I think it is time we do some good..
Everyone is so busy with their lives and their problems and we always forget about the people who are in need. And now, under the circumstances the country needs all the help we can give...
I'm totally on board with you guys..I will try to find if there is any charity events coming up soon...
I've never really been interested in charity, I actually want to go out and do something good but it is the same old story..you have exams,you've visiting your family etc..
Actually right now I'm writing quickly because I have an exam in a few hours but this time I really wanna make a change and it would be really nice to do it with people from different places with different cultures, It would be really great..
Hadeer..

freeman_sam wrote:

tks in advance

Do you want info about the address or about the organisation? Our website is www.egyhopevillage.com. Not very proud of it (yet), but we're working on that. ;-)

For donations:

Hope Village Society
Account no.: 14-90-10504-4
SWIFT Code: CIBEEGCX014
CIB - Abbas El Akkad Branch

Great to hear so many of you want to contribute. Which day and time do you guys suggest?

Have a great day!

MiaSayed wrote:
freeman_sam wrote:

tks in advance

Do you want info about the address or about the organisation? Our website is www.egyhopevillage.com. Not very proud of it (yet), but we're working on that. ;-)

For donations:

Hope Village Society
Account no.: 14-90-10504-4
SWIFT Code: CIBEEGCX014
CIB - Abbas El Akkad Branch

Great to hear so many of you want to contribute. Which day and time do you guys suggest?

Have a great day!

thanks for the valuable info. is it a national org. or international

Mira, plz try to make the meeting in the middle, in downtown or ramses, coz as I told u, i wanna come and know more about the organization and its activities, and it can be on Friday or Saturday
Really am happy too coz many ppl wanted to do something for those poor people

Hello you,
I would realy like to participate in that project too. So please let me know about your next meeting and I will come.

Best regards,
Caroline

G'day Everyone sorry for my late response , I AM IN PLEASE ..i would like to volunteer i never been to any orphanage before & i would like to participate.
please let me know and i am ready.
Sam Haddad