Volunteering in Egypt and helping Orphans & Poor citizens

Sousou88 wrote:

Hey guys,
First of all, thanks to those who came to the shelter yesterday.
Next shelter visit will be this week, maybe on friday if everything goes as we plan. We want to spend 1-2 hours with the kids, and order food for them from McDonalds, maybe Happy Meal with a toy.
The address is still: 7 al khalifa al rady, 7th district, nasr city,cairo.
Anyone who wanna join us this week?

Thanks for mentioning all :)
God bless you.

eltviola wrote:

Hey, I'd love to come! :) But I'm not here this weekend... :( next time hopefully :) It's a great idea, I really want to help out. Let me know if there's anything I can do or if you need me to bring anything from the UK for the kids for next time :D

Elaine
x

Honestly we will miss you, so hope you just join us once you come :)
and in case we need any thing you will be informed :)

Mohamed, try to make it after 3:30 plz:):)

don moe wrote:
semsema135 wrote:

Well mohamed, hope we can visit shelter places, play with the kids there and to buy for them things.

We wanna do actions towards that soon ya man;).It will be nice If we can visit them before Eid in order to let them feel happy, and also it will be big sawab

Cheers

we already went and visited them with help of good friends too
so we are planning to make a new visit this weekend

I will try hard to be in insA

Guys,

I can't really follow is it Saturday or Friday ?? :s

i will join you
sorry last time i was in sharm el sheikh as  i told you in meail but you never reply me ;)

Hey Guys,

I got a message from a trusted source that El (Wafa we Amal Orphanage) is suffering from severe bankruptcy; as all its fund sources have stopped since revolution. There two kids who are in a very sensitive case and need help for performing urgent surgery. Please share what we can do.

sweetnovember wrote:

Hey Guys,

I got a message from a trusted source that El (Wafa we Amal Orphanage) is suffering from severe bankruptcy; as all its fund sources have stopped since revolution. There two kids who are in a very sensitive case and need help for performing urgent surgery. Please share what we can do.

its a fraud case
as already i went with a friend to this shelter and they are perfect :)

was that in a near time? please advise

Plus this message was from first day in ramadan almost been sent to every one with a mobile number and donations, so dont worry.
El wafaa wel amal now is related to the egyptian army services :)

sweetnovember wrote:

was that in a near time? please advise

from ramadan every friend is sending me this message to my mobile number and my black berry too.

So, how about friday (sept. 16) at 4 PM?
We'll call the shelter and arrange everything.

Sousou88 wrote:

So, how about friday (sept. 16) at 4 PM?
We'll call the shelter and arrange everything.

u can call and arrange with them,so we can go this friday.
plus we can visit ESMA too.

Pure egyptian wrote:

don moe i want to go out to the animal place under the name of esma, and just be one of the volunteers there,can you and sousou as the managers make it for us

Hehehe, "as the managers", i like that :P haha.. just kidding! Here u can read all about how u can help by joining a task force:
Check this link esmaegypt.org/blog/how-to-help/join-a-task-force/

I will contact them today and ask about everything ;)

Sousou88 wrote:
Pure egyptian wrote:

don moe i want to go out to the animal place under the name of esma, and just be one of the volunteers there,can you and sousou as the managers make it for us

Hehehe, "as the managers", i like that :P haha.. just kidding! Here u can read all about how u can help by joining a task force:

well
i will come and i hope i will see you all
but no kids
only esma
don moe make it for us
sousou you are don moe good manager ;)

Nicky1 wrote:
Sousou88 wrote:
Pure egyptian wrote:

well
i will come and i hope i will see you all
but no kids
only esma
don moe make it for us
sousou you are don moe good manager ;)

yeah its true, shes's a good manager.

Pure egyptian wrote:

hehehe :D am just her assistant
and she agree's

and really big thanks Pure Egyptian for this nice joke as really i was in deep bad mood and needed to smile for some seconds

waiting to see you isa.

poor man

Sousou88 wrote:
Pure egyptian wrote:

she liked it ;)

Hey guys,
Regarding ESMA, I talked to them today and all of u volunteers are welcome to visit the shelter on the weekend either friday or saturday any time starting 2 pm til 5pm.

Regarding the kids shelter on friday, i'll let u know more very soon!

Thanks sousou for ur effort :)
I wanna go this friday to ESMA

So here's the latest update about visiting the orphan shelter and ESMA this weekend.
The visit that we planned to the orphan shelter "Amalna" is canceled for tomorrow, because the kids are not available this weekend.
In stead we'll be going to ESMA, the animal shelter in Giza tomorrow between 2-5PM.
This is a describtion of how to find it:
it is located at Villa El Bab El Ali on Sakkara Tourist Road. From Haram (Pyramid Road) or over the Mounib Bridge, take the exit “Sakkara, Badrashin.” Once on the Sakkara tourist road, Maryoteya, reach the Madina Academy building, then take the first right turn. Stay on this road until you reach the end and turn left. Sakkara Country Club will be on your right. The other landmark to look for is the Medina Horse Riding Club just 1km before ESMA. Follow this road and pass three mosques on the left. 100 meters after the third mosque is the entrance to the ESMA shelter. 

I hope to see some of u there tomorrow, isA. :))
Wish u all a great weekend!

Today I spent 3 hours at the ESMA animal shelter, these were the most amazing hours ever. The cats and the dogs are so friendly and wants to play all the time.
From now on i'll visit ESMA every friday, and u can join me!!!!!

Here's ESMAs wishlist if u wanna donate something:

Comfort items for the animals:
(these can be old items)
Blankets
Cushions and pillows
Mats, bathroom mats or rugs
Baskets
Towels
Sheets and pillowcases
Old cat and dog beds
Hot water bottles (from the pharmacy)
Electric heaters (oil filled ones)
Old pullovers or sweatshirts  (especially children's) for the dogs to wear to keep them warm at night
Thick plastic sheeting to cover the playground from rain and wind
Wooden or plastic shipping platforms/pallets (so dogs are raised from the ground when they rest)
Old cat and dog carriers / crates
Old dog houses
Wooden shelves or old bookcases
Collars and leashes

Food items:
Dry food for cats, kittens or dogs
Canned food and pouches for cats and kittens
Canned food  for dogs
Cans of mackerel and tuna fish
Rice
Baby cereals
Gerber baby food (chicken and veg)
Royal Canine Intestinal dry food
Skim milk in cartons
Stainless steel dog and cat plates and bowls

Cleaning and Laundry items:
Hand sterilizing soap
Shampoo (any type)
Handwashing powder
Disinfectant
Liquid soap
Bleach
Kitchen paper towels
Strong garbage bags
Brooms and scrubbing brushes
Plastic wash bowls and tubs
Old newspapers
Wire wool
Dettol hand soap
Old plastic supermarket bags

For our Vet Clinic:

Cotton wool
Cotton buds
Paper towels
Betadine lotion
Surgical gloves (available at pharmacies)
Syringes – all sizes (available at pharmacies)

Thanks my dear friends for this day

malsi wrote:

As soon as it Volunteering, I have to be free.

Islam as agreed yesterday let's make a day to go to the poor area you took me before name ( batn el ba2r ) and just distribute all the clothes I have for kids as I told you that my car bag is full of clothes

Plus we should make it a weekly visit to Esma

don moe wrote:
malsi wrote:

Islam as agreed yesterday let's make a day to go to the poor area you took me before name ( batn el ba2r ) and just distribute all the clothes I have for kids as I told you that my car bag is full of clothes

and you got my words, but let me know how much pieces you have "approximately", what is the range of the age, that you are looking for (from .. to ..)?, and what is the type of gender "Male or Female"?...regarding all this info, i will arrange my list, then we will run to Batn El-Bakar..

ESMA: I will do my best to join it, next friday.

malsi wrote:
don moe wrote:
malsi wrote:

and you got my words, but let me know how much pieces you have "approximately", what is the range of the age, that you are looking for (from .. to ..)?, and what is the type of gender "Male or Female"?...regarding all this info, i will arrange my list, then we will run to Batn El-Bakar..

ESMA: I will do my best to join it, next friday.

Okay I will sort all the things I still have till now

Meanwhile, its male/female, baby born till 6 years old as I know
So let me reply u back within 24 hours max

Hi ,in which day you soppose to go to poor area?how do you organize it?i would lke have more information please

nannolisa wrote:

Hi ,in which day you soppose to go to poor area?how do you organize it?i would lke have more information please

This friday we will go to ESMA from 2 till 5
And we will plan a visit for kids plus poor people too
So later we will post once we know

Thanks for you help

Ok.just i want to know if mi daughter ,she is 3 and alf can come and if you go with your car .poor area are dangerous ?

nannolisa wrote:

Ok.just i want to know if mi daughter ,she is 3 and alf can come and if you go with your car .poor area are dangerous ?

I may also bring my boy he's 3 years old
Plus I went once to the poor area
People are so kind not dangerous at all
Don't worry
You can ask Malsi, as he organised it before with his friends

ok waiting for more information

don moe wrote:
nannolisa wrote:

I may also bring my boy he's 3 years old
Plus I went once to the poor area
People are so kind not dangerous at all
Don't worry
You can ask Malsi, as he organised it before with his friends

Dear Nannolisa,
How you doing?, and i hope that every thing around you is fine.
Regarding the Poor area "Batn El-bakar", i know, what are you feeling "you want to be safe, and your baby", don't worry all of you will be safe, FYR: People are so kind not dangerous at all, but we have to treat them as humans, .....
We can distribute the clothes by two ways;
1- thru the car "we are staying in the car, and they "poor kids" will  go out side home to take the clothes"
2- we go inside deeply and distribute them "i need you, to know more and more about them ...."
From my view, i prefer the 2nd way.

About your daughter
===================
*From my view: as this is your first time to go inside, i prefer to go alone without your baby;
* Coz may be you will cry..
* Especially your baby will not recognize why this ppl are poor why they are suffuring as she is 3.5 year old ...
* for kids more than 10 year, it will be very powerfull to them coz they will see, and reconize that they had a great grace, so they have to thanks god for all this grace and they have to help the poor ppl..

pls, check this Video, and this Images just for your reference to know where we will go

Thanks
Islam Fekry

As I said before Islam is the best

God bless you brother

Copied from ESMA Face Book group

All over the year , everywhere in the world , Animals are abused....Starved till death , thrown out into the streets like leftovers and even used as soulless machines. It's time for animal lovers to take a step against all this . It's time to give the animals the mercy and love they deserve even for a single month !

Since October is "World Animal Month", we decided that we need to make a list of how you can help the animals in this month where every 1$ you'll donate counts !

Donate :
1$ for 1kg of Rice
1$ for a can of Mackerel
1$ for a pack of kittens wet food
2$ for a can of dog/cat wet food
3$ for a chicken
3$ to De-worm a single animal
4$ to vaccinate a dog against Rabies
4$ for 1kg of cat dry food
5$ for 1kg of dog dry food
5$ to feed a starving horse for a day
10$ to vaccinate a dog/cat with the combo vaccine
10$ to microchip a dog/cat
10$ for 1kg of weaning kittens/puppies dry food
12$ for 1kg of Intestinal food -Special Need diet-
15$ for 1kg of Renal/Urinary food - Special Need diet-
25$ to Neuter a cat
30$ to Spay a cat
35$ to Neuter a dog
35$ for a pack of Kitten Milk Formula for need born kittens + A bottle
50$ to Spay a dog
50$ to Blood Test a single dog/cat ( Procedure step to travel to EU )
200$ to help ESMA send a dog/cat to USA
200$ to save the life of a horse per month

As you can see from the list , every single dollar does help to save lives !
Join us through the "World Animal Month" and donate to help ESMA rescue more and more souls and make October a month worth remembering for the animal history !

For online donation please go to (esmaegypt.org/blog/how-to-help) and specify in the title the purpose of your donation .

For local donation and help please contact -->

Mona Khalil - 0122188823 - [email protected]
Alaa Sharshar - 0190824552 - [email protected]
David Magdy - 0127844385 - [email protected]
Ahmed El Kilany - 0103333004- [email protected]

Thank you all in advance .

David Magdy
ESMA

Don Moe, refering to our tele conversation yesterday, the best time to go Batn-El-Bakar on Friday morning.
Thanks
Islam

Thanks for last friday

malsi wrote:

Don Moe, refering to our tele conversation yesterday, the best time to go Batn-El-Bakar on Friday morning.
Thanks
Islam

Malsi
Regarding Batn el ba2r,hopefully we will go soon
As this weekend I will be busy doing some business
So I will post soon all the details
And who wanna go ESMA or to the kids just PM as usual
Thanks again for all :)

Hey, are there any more volunteering events planned? I didn't have a chance to attend one yet :( and I'd really like to help if I can :)

Elaine

Dear all

This friday going to several places, so who's interested to join!