Nigeria

Hi,
I am thinking of taking a job in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.  Can anyone tell me what it is like living there?
Thanks

I only know of Kano (north of Nigeria). Dreadful city, called Cairo of West Africa. The south is supposed to be much more beautiful! Hope you find out what you need!

Ishtar

http://ishtarnews.blogspot.com/

I have some experience in Port Harcourt. Iam an Indonesian and i work at a JVC (Indonesia&Nigeria Coy) that produce consumer product before. I think Portharcourt is a nice place. Green and not polluted loke Lagos. There are some Nice Bar for foreigner but don't worry if sometime you look a check point by army will stopped you in the road due to security reason.
The one of important thing that you should be concern is mousqito, especially for malarie.
Currently, I work at Egypt. Sent my regards for your family. Have a nice day

Hello,

Let me tell you a few things about Port Harcourt since I have lived and worked here for 14 months. I don't know where you're from but Port Harcourt is a very over populated place due to the oil industry. This place is very trashy and the traffic sucks, no one here knows how to drive and show no courtesy for fellow drivers.

If you don't stop when the police tell you to stop they will hit your car with a big club and damage your car. I have seen 5 dead bodies just lying in the street for some time and everyone walks around them like the dead guy is supposed to be there. If the money wasn't so good I would leave here because I am a white man and most people ask you for food or money. If you have a choice to go anywhere I would not go to Port Harcourt.

If I were to work or live I would go to Abuja, Calabar, or Cameroon. I am in the process of doing just that.

my ex husband seems to like nigeria, lots of very young women after men of any age, and they dont care if the men are married or single as polygamy is accepted....It is quite common for men to have a nigerian wife and a wife back home as i discovered....thats why he is now ex husband. I was also told of dead bodies left to rot in the streets.