Running Rampant Revolution - Q8 Foot Soldiers

There is a New Social Activity in the State of Kuwait, with a very simple message:

Just Jog Kuwait!

A Social Gathering to promote the art of jogging, and encorporate it into our daily lives, making us healthy, wealthy and wise.

From the days of Homo Sapien, Mankind has been running. At first we ran to track our prey, in order to eat and survive, and then we ran away from predators, who in turn wished to eat us to survive. In all this, Running is the oldest sport EVER, but the current shift toward Gaming has left this sport barren.

I have decided to establish a totally no-strings-attached, free-as-air, Jogging Group in Kuwait.

Now, I know there are currently jogging/ walking groups in Kuwait, that meet on tuesday/wednesday near the HardRock Cafe. But this is different.

Being a business graduate, I have taken what is currently being offered in the market, enhanced it, repackaged it, and retargeted its market niche with this new product.

SportsTracker (a free app on all mobile platforms) will be used to actively keep count of every step, and every calorie burnt, as a way for members to keep track of their progress. They can also post their activity to the groups dedicated page (here) to inspire others.

The runs will be varied in different places each week, thanks in part to participants scouting their areas for "walkways", mostly along main roads, shaded, cool places. I know of a few, with a  Ghost-to-Ghost Hook up, (a concept I derived from reading the Three Investigators detective books as a child) which is alot less scary than it sounds, we can find more.

There is also a pipe-dream to use the track around Qadsia Sports Stadium in Maidan Hawally, the jury is still out on that one!

Also, after the runs, we can indulge in a bit of cardio/ core training, in part thanks to the next item on the FAQ.

So the real question right now is, do you have what it takes? And,,

What are you waiting for?

I will think to come if you will use the track around Qadsia Sports Stadium in Maidan Hawally.

thanx,

im hoping to get more walkways from around Kuwait, as they prove more interesting :)

if you run on 30 between Fahaheel and Salwa I promise it will be interesting.... LOL

i run on the 30, from qadsia stadium to the 4th ring exit :P

lol it will take time for me to reach there,by that time i can finish 6Km.

Any luck so far? Anyone interested?

yes, a few. steadily but surely, check out the facebook page :)

Hi there

Newish to Kuwait.   Can you tell me of any walking groups around Salmiya.  Am a very slow jogger and would feel more comfortable starting out with a walking group initially until I get rid of some of those extra calories.

so far we're still walkers too :P feel free to join up if u wish