Moving to Lanka

Hi guys,

My husband and i are thinking of living in Sri Lanka for a year or so. we have a 2 month old baby :D Just wondering if anyone of you is aware of any Australian doctors practicing in Sri Lanka?

Tnx :)

mm not quite sure abt that though i live in colombo.. but you get many good private hospitals over here (specially in colombo)

My wife and I are planning on moving to Sri Lanka, we have two kids under three and are expecting, while none of our research has come up with Aus docs we have been refd to a couple of Sri Lankan doctors who have trained and practised in England. The standard of medical care I understand to be very good.

I'm wanting to move to Sri Lanka - got a couple of questions:
1. Is it expensive to live there?
2. Any good private schools for children?

Thanks for the input !

Hi,

I am not aware of any Ausie Docs here.  But you can certainly find Sri Lankan Doctors that have worked extensively in Australia , the UK, Canada etc.

Anyway,  there are certainly good Doctors and Hospitals here.  If you have anything complicated you may still want to get second  opinions elsewhere.

i am mohammed afham we are now living in saudi arabia for long time now we are wonto live in srilanka but i haven three kids al so looking samigarment in sri alnka .we haven house in panadura i likto move some dessend place sttil looking new location .but my elder son now grade three he has a good education .thanks