New to Perth & would like to make friends

I am moving to Perth in early September with my husband and we will be living in the CBD. He will be working, I will not. We've never been to Perth. I am keen to meet people and make friends. I am originally from the US, and have been living in the UK for 10 years (and have my British citizenship, too). I'm in my 30s and have lots of interests.
Would be great to meet people for coffee, etc. Am also happy to be signposted to some clubs/ groups.
Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the forum Tiger_lily!

What is the purpose of your move to Perth?
Have you been there before?
Maybe you could tell us more about your interests to see if it matches other members'

Regards
Armand

Hello. My husband got a job in Perth, so that's why we're moving. No, we've never been to Perth.
My interests include cinema, languages, eating out, music, walking/running, I like tennis but haven't played in ages... Lots of things really! I hope this helps.
Thank you

Hi! I'm from the US as well, living in Perth! Would be keen to get together sometime, i've only been here 6months and finding it a bit difficult to meet new people. Perth is wonderful, I'm sure you will love it! :)

Hi Erin, I've sent you a direct message.

Hi Tigerlilly,

Check out buggybuddys.com.au to meet other families in Perth looking for friends and for things to do in Perth..kids activities, events etc..

Hopefully see you on there.

Lorraine

Hi Tiger-lily,
I have sent you a message, I have lived here for a few years and also like tennis and some of your other interests. Dee

I moved here about 10 years ago. Originally from CT. Australians are very much into there sports so if you brush up on things like Kricket and Aussie Rules football, you won't have any problem meeting people. If, in the other hand you guys are like me, professional nerd and computer geek... you might find things a bit more difficult. ;-)

There are quite a few 'imports' in perth from various cultures and places around the globe, so if you are open to different people and cultures you probably won't have any trouble finding people in the same boat as you. Personally I have struggled a bit, but I live out of the CBD, and I'm married to an Australian so it's a different dynamic entirely.

Hi JazzAV, thank you, it's great to hear the experience of someone who has already settled in Perth.

Are you in Perth yet? If so how are you finding it?

We're on our way - in Dubai at the moment...

Hi,

I'm 27 and moved to Perth last week.  Although I have family here I would love to meet new people.  I like shopping, going for coffee, cinema, sports etc.  It would be great to meet up.

Hope to hear from you
Amie

Hi Tiger Lily

I've just moved to Perth too after living in Dubai for the last 14 years.  Moved out here with my fiance.  Loving Perth but miss my friends!!!

Are you beginning to settle in?

Hi Tiger-Lily we moved to Perth 6 moonths ago. We live in Alfred Cove-my husband is English, I am actually American but have lived in many different places-I was in the UK for 9 years and we have 2 young girls. Do you have children?
Yes or no-we'd love to meet up. Hope to hear from you. -Leena