Considering to work in Mauritius, advise needed

I've been offered a job at Cyber city.
How's the environment over there?
Is it convenient for everyday living (ie grocery shopping and etc)?
The tax rate will be 15%?

Yes.

In terms of groceries you have a supermarket in Ebene and food courts for lunch and dinner. There are other supermarkets and hypermarkets not far from Ebene either.

The tax margin is indeed 15%.

Hi Alisa, thanks for your reply.
Glad to know it's convenient over there.
I'm not planning to get a car.
Is it convenient to travel to nearby cities?

Hi Jaslin,

Welcome to Mauritius. Moving around in Mauritius is never an issue. Busses are cheap and will get you to any point in Mauritius. I belive you are from Malaysia. I have some Malaysian friends in Mauritius, I will introduce you to them.

Cheers!!
Terence

Hi Terence, glad to hear that.
Yes indeed I'm from Malaysia.
Tentatively will be reaching Mauritius in November.
Keep in touch :)

The brand new mall, bagatelle mall of Mauritius is five minutes drive from ebene, and this has international cinemas, many restaurants and international brand shops, everything you could possibly want!. Ebene is close to Port Louis, the obnly downside is it's about half an hour drive to beaches, but as they are busy upgrading the road infrastructure in MU, this is not such a problem, as if you are working full rime, you will mainlY be going to beaches on weekends..

Oh glad to hear that there's a new mall with everything in but since I'm not driving, hopefully public transport is available to reach there.
As for the tv channels, are those in french?
If I'm gonna start learning french over in Mauritius, any tutors available?

jaslin, u can find a tutor (or other services) via the business directory section.  You can also post an advertisement in the classified section requesting for french tutor.

I guess it would be easier for u to get one when u landed in Mauritius :)