Would like to immigrate from Belgium to Ontario, where to begin?

Hi,
I myself am British, my wife is French speaking Belgian. We have had enough of Europe and decided to give Canada a try as we both loved it while on holiday there.

I've looked at the immigration process and it seems more favourable if my wife applies as she hits more of the requirements. how difficult is it anyway to be accepted, if, like my wife she passed the online test they have on the immigration website?

We are looking into Ontario as it seems cheaper for property and very family friendly for our baby daughter.

Does anyone know of some great areas, affordable, good chances of employment, etc in Ontario?

This message is a bit random in content but I'm hoping to clarify some points if people get back to me!

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

Hi and welcome on board Natebelg!

Maybe you could try browsing the different articles of the Canada guide. It might be helpful!
I hope other members of the forum will be able to help you as well ;)

Regards
Armand

I recommend Hull/ Ottawa. It's a city which is on the boarder of Ontario and Quebec. Very bilingual city, you wife could probably find work in a French speaking environment. Look for jobs in Hull, Quebec on the national job bank site.

Also it is probably cheaper than living in a bigger city like Toronto, but it is large enough to provide a lot of services and it's a clean beautiful city. It's the capital of the country.

:) Hope that helps.

jobbank.gc.ca/prov-eng.aspx?OpPage=50