Buying meat in tangier

I am relocating to Tangier from the United States and I was wondering if it is possible to find a butcher or supermarket that sells western cut steaks. My understanding is that in morocco all animals are killed according to islamic traditions and not cut into steaks and aged but cut and sold fresh. Also is it possible to buy pork in morocco or is it forbidden to be sold or imported? 

thank you for the help.

I don't clearly understand what you call western cut steacks.. You can find steacks in Morocco that are looking exactly the same as you may find in Europe...

As far as pork meat is concerned, you can find some in some shop that specialized in extapriates or in places such as Marjane, Label' Vie (that is changing its name into Carrefour Market), Acima and such retailers.

thanks Fedala! :)  you have been a big help!

You're welcome (and sorry for all the mistyping I just noticed...).

Marjane is actually a B/s compared to american stores, it looks really like the dollar store in America and still people consider it to be great stuff. Unfortunately Jeph there's no Targets here, or Wal-Marts or other serious stuff.. You will not find most of what you're used to buy in the states.. I lived there and here i am in Tangier and really you have to cope with it. Plus, you have to run into different places in order to buy what you want.. I mean at Wal-Mart for example, you can find almost anything needed from Body wash to liquor, all in one place. Here, you will have to travel a little bit to buy different things. I don't thing meat will be a huge issue, you can always go to a traditional butcher and ask him what exactly you need, i believe it will be cheaper than Marjana( Again it's a BS). There's another market i saw here close to the airport, it's called Metro and it looks a little like Sam's club. They have more stuff and i believe it's a French store. Anyways, please feel free to contact me if you need anything.

Metro has been bought by a moroccan company recently and the name is about to disappear. Before that, the access to their department store is only granted to company representatives that hold a "metro card"...

hello and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond. i am sure i will adapt to the differences in shopping and your suggestions have helped greatly.  the butcher shops i have seen in the medina are nothing like a butcher shop in america or europe where the animal is already cut into steaks etc.. it is also not aged and meat from a freshly slaughtered cow is quite different in taste and texture from beef that is aged. i had steak at a few different restaurants in morocco and i noticed there is no designation on the menu as to what cut of steak you were getting and each time it was something different.  in the butcher shops it seems like you get the next piece on the animal if you order a piece of steak. i am hoping tangier has at least one shop where i can find aged beef sold in familiar cuts like porterhouse, top sirloin, filet mignon etc..  if anyone can suggest such a place i would be most grateful.

The supermarket Sabrine on the main Boulevard has a good butcher. I don't eat much beef, so I don't know if the steaks there are good, but they have a good selection af different meat and are always nice to cut special pieces if you ask them. If you wanna be sure to get some really nice steaks, go to Ceuta - there you can also buy pork.

Thanks Miadk!

This is of great help and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.