Moving to bali

I have decided to quit my job and move to Bali!I'm in the process of gathering info and I've been doing alot of reading on and off line. Bottom line -is it possible to live on $1000 US a month? I would like to rent a small place preferably in a quiet area - Ubud sounds wonderful - is it more expensive there? I don't plan on buying a car - just a bicycle - maybe moped - what areas are quiet and affordable? I don't have to be real close to the beach. My lifestyle is simple and my needs are few- small space is fine (clean is a high priority tho)I'm into painting, meditation, yoga, healthy living and eating. I'm also gorgeous by the way (ha ha)What other areas are affordable? I like it quiet but not too remote. Any helpful info would be much appreciated! Thanks. Sandy

hi sandy, reading your message it make me think to someone who can be helpful for you in Ubud. You need to find "Ubud sari". then you ask to meet Paula who is a therapist. she lives here for a while , very involved in Yoga and many stuff, and maybe she can advice you for your stay. you can tell her my name too. hoping you find the right place to improve your life. all the best . didier // :cool:by the way, how gorgeous are you? am joking...;-))

you can live comfortably with $1000 per month if you rent small place. Food etc is really affordable and i think you can shop/buy a lot of stuffs with that amount of money there. Maybe you can try around uluwatu or around bedugul, they're also nice to live in quiet and peace. Why don't you try Central Java? It's also nice but less foreigner