Just a few questions wondering about Slovenia

Hi everybody!
I'm interested in moving to Slovenia, have read a lot of articles, Wiki etc.. have some questions:
1. How well-developed IT field in Slovenia? Is it real to get a job first and come to work with a job offer or something? Or the only way to get there is with opening a company?
2. What's the current average salary in a country? I've read some topics here that it's about 900e, but it was some time ago already. What about the salaries in IT?
3. How really cold the climate is? According to wiki the average temperature at winter is about 0 C degree, how is it in real life feeling? I have lived in a cold climate for a many years and that's enough probably, that's why I'm wondering about the climate conditions..
Thanks everybody in advance for your answers

I wouldn't know about jobs in IT and how much you could get paid.
But I can not repeat enough that if you don't speak the language you can hardly expect to be lucky enough to get job or even open your own company... well, good luck anyway, you might be one of those who are exceptions to the rule.

I would definitely not rely on WIKIpedia for anything. Read rather "serious" stuff like this one: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/549081/Slovenia/42888/Climate or this http://www.slovenia.si/

Vesna, thanks for an answer.
Well, I don't think that the language itself as hard as you describe it, it's pretty similar to other Slavic languages, which I understand.
More hard part is actually find a job with such a small market, I think. And I can't even find any IT community or something, it's so small. And of course you're right that there is no point to go there for the 800e salary.
Concerning weather I wanted to hear more like real feelings and thoughts of the people, not "serious" standard reviews about climate (which are the same as wiki btw)

The average salary is still about 900 eu netto, but I don't know for IT sector. Country is rather small, but you may be lucky to find nice job as well. Language is not that easy as it seems, but possible to learn quite fast if you speak other slavic ones. If you want to come and start your own company/find a job without good knowledge of language it will be very hard as in most offices no one speaks English and almost any form is in English.

About the weather coditions, winters get cold -10 sometimes, and you can expect some snow, but for most of the time it was just gray and wet. Summers can be hot more than 35C, but sometimes they are just moderate around 25-28C and not that humid. Falls can be very rainy and often leeds to local floods.

slovenia.blog.onet.pl/