Question for moving to Amsterdam - Please Help

Hey there ,

I'm new to the forum , And I felt this would be the best place to ask my question.

My situation is I currently run a UK based business but I am looking to expand this into Europe , I have highlighted Amsterdam as a possible base to work from , One of the main reasons being the flight time and flight cost.

The question I have tho , Where would be the best place to look for apartments in Amsterdam , I am really after a 2 bed apartment - with the idea being 1 room to sleep and the other room being an 'unofficial' office , I have already looked but I am hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

I would also need broadband internet in the apartment , I have a budget of around £750-£1500 a month but for that I would be looking for an 'all inc' apartment.

Is this possible to do in Amsterdam or would I be better off looking at different parts of the Netherlands or Europe perhaps?

I hope somebody can assist me

many thanks

Martin Smith  :)

Hi Martin, welcome.

Apartments can be expensive in Amsterdam, but they do get cheaper in the suburbs. Somewhere in the middle of your budget is what you should expect to shell out every month. I can provide you with a few helpfull links if you Pm me.

Cheers

Bill :cool:

Amsterdam is very expensive.

You have 'cheaper' districts in the city like 'Bos and Lommer' and 'Slotervaart' and 'Amsterdam Noord'.

Otherwise look for the cities outside Amsterdam like Amstelveen, Haarlem of Zaanstad. They are all very close to the city and easy to travel to by public transportation.

Decent internet is around 20 euros per month.

Where would be the best place to look for apartments in Amsterdam? 

> Districts called: De Pijp, West and Oud-Zuid.

Hey hey,

as the others already said, Amsterdam is very expensive. But if you are not looking for something right in the Center but more in parts like Osdorp for instance you will be able to find something within your budget. The only thing you really have to watch out here is housing-fraude. It's like Mafia here sometimes and unbelievable what people will think of to cheat you...so i would advise you to contact a real "makelaar" and don't try websites like marktplaats or something like that.
Let me know if you need any help.

Greets,