New job offer

I am an Indian having several years of experience in heavy equipment maintenance field. Now got an offer from Dar Ess Salam.
$ 1000+$ 250 as local allowance + $250 for house rent(or company accommodation) +Air ticket and 1 month paid leave after 2 years + $ 600/yr for medical expenses.
I wish to stay without family there.

1.How much I can send to India/month/How?Is any Taxes?
2.approximate monthly expense for a normal life for single?
3.Internet caffae/monthly internet charges/Sim card/per minute call charges to India?
how much time takes for visa processing?
4.Driving license is costly?
5.Weekly Holidays?
6.Commonly used languages?
Please clear my doubts, Thanks in advance.

Hi binm31,

There are many reply threads of all your queries.
I will still reply,

1. you can send 900 to 1000 to India after tax.
2. Expense for single will be around 250 to 300 depending upon your habits, life style, etc
3.Internet cafe 30 min = 1/2 hour / monthly charges 30,000 unlimited / sim card 500 to 2000 depending which company's sim you buy / call to India thru mobile around Tsh. 400 / min but we can India thru Blackdialler, net2phone, Nyingbo, etc which will be 80 to 100 Tsh / min. work permit takes 1.5 to 2.5 months.
4. cost of Driving license Tsh. 10,000 officially and unofficially 60,000/-
5. Saturday half day and sunday holiday. Expats in many co works full day on saturdays. No overtime paid to expats.
6. Kishwahili (75%) and English (25%). So learn Kishwahili which is very easy language. If you are coming to DAR than start learning it thru internet which will help you a lot.

KARIBU TANZANIA (WELCOME TO TANZANIA)

Thank you for your reply, think you given internet, sim   and driving license charges are in Shilling an

yes its in Tanzanian Shillings and conversion rate is appr.
Re 1 = Tsh. 35

USD 1 = Tsh. 1625

Hi,

Thats a pretty useful info.

Can u tell me what is the monthly exp on electricity and water if my company is not paying these ?? I have also got a job offer from TZ.

[Moderated: off-topic]

30 usd electricity, 30 usd water varies depend on your usage, about internet we have companie now with cheap services if u have ur own computer, u only need to buy a modem  which cost 20 usd and after that you can buy GBs, also varies depending on the company, zantel company is the best, they have modem with a speed of 3.1 mb/ sec , and u can buy 2gb for 7 usd it expires in a month n u will have to recharge it again, n u can recharge anytime once you finish before the expiring date