Formalities to bring your pet in North Korea

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in North Korea?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in North Korea?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in North Korea?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

I think there are limits to how much food you can bring in at one time.

And to bring your dog is not adviceable as dogs are considered food.

Importation and quarantine procedure for pets (cats and dogs) to The Republic of Korea
All live animals and animal products entering Korea must be accompanied by valid certificates issued by the exporting country's government. Declare all import animals and animal products upon arrival to the National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service, where they must be inspected.
Cloven-hoofed animals and their products that are shipped from import-restricted areas will be sent back or destroyed.
Cats and dogs coming into Korea are subject to new regulations as of 01 December 2012.
http://www.korea4expats.com/article-bri … korea.html

This is so true!  Ask the ex-Russian Ambassador what happened to his great dane at his farewell dinner! :(

You've posted information about the Republic of Korea (ROK); North Korea is not the same.  ROK is South Korea, whilst Democratic Republic of Korea (DPRK ) is North Korea.

I used to bring suitcases full of green vegetables!  I didn't hear of any limits whilst I was there.