Formalities to bring your pet in the Palau

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in the Palau?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in the Palau?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in the Palau?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

The little I've discerned so far is that dogs have to meet the same quarantine requirements as are in place for Hawaii.  Hawaii requires that they must be current on rabies vaccinations and have a rabies titer test to test the amount of rabies antibodies in their blood.  They cannot leave quarantine until 120 days after their blood is received at the rabies titer lab.  They also have to have a "well dog check" and certificate of health from their vet. 

Other info to be aware of (if traveling from the US)-- the airline I spoke with (Continental) requires the dog to overnight in Hawaii, which means you have to make arrangements for overnight kenneling.  Another complication is that apparently you can only book the last leg of the flight into Palau one week in advance (I don't know if this is true with other airlines). 

There is also an import permit required by Palau.  I was successful in contacting their quarantine office and having the form emailed to me, but then lost the email.  I haven't had any luck getting them to resend it (yet). 

I don't know what quarantine facilities are like in Palau (if they even have them) in the event that your pet isn't past the 120 day requirement by the time you move him/her.

I hope this helps, and if you have found any additional info I'd be really grateful for any tips you can share.

Thanks.

Thanks for your contribution slave_to_my_dogs!;)

Harmonie.