Formalities to bring your pet in Togo

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Togo?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Togo?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Togo?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

No answer? Not one link to some autorithy website?
Please?

Catalin.Esanu wrote:

No answer? Not one link to some autorithy website?
Please?

Hello :cheers:

Looking to bring your pet to Togo?

Hello,
Yes. Where can I find any information regarding travel laws for pets (dogs)?

Hello,

Is there no one with experience in bringing in and keeping a dog in Lome, Togo?
I really would appreciate some informations.

Thank you

Hi!
I brought my pet in Lomé, from Romania, with the standard stuff:
- passport for the dog;
- microchip;
- rabies vaccine;
- a pill for internal parasites, that must be taken 48 hours before departure;
- certificate of health from your country's animal health departament (and there they will give you some other papers that they will know).

Hope it's helpful.

Hello,
thank you for the reply.
How is it to keep a dog in Lome? is it possible to go for extensive walks with the dog? how are the access to vets and pet shops?

regards

It's ok, you can find a vet and you can find supplies for him at the supermarket. However the walks are not a picnic :) because there's a lot of dust and it's crowded. I haven't seen anyone walking his pet. You can walk your pet on the beach if you don't mind the sand.

Okay,
Is it also possible to walk the dog outside the city? is it safe for a women to walk the dog alone at the beach or outside the city? we got quite a big dog which needs 2-3 hours walk a day. you think that would be a problem? where do the dog owners normally go out with them?

Your information are very useful. its kind difficult to find infos about it.

I really don't know because we've been here for almost a month and our dog stays inside the courtyard. I haven't been to the beach during the week, only saturdays and sundays, but I think during daytime it's ok to go and walk on the beach.