Formalities to bring your pet in Egypt

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Egypt?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Egypt?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Egypt?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

The required documents for taking your pets with you to Egypt are:

a) An Official Export Health Certificate from your Vet and legalized by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and then legalized at our Consulate office.

b) Passport & Proof of Vaccinations for rabies, blood test (to show rabies antibodies, please ask your Vet when to administer the test. Please contact  your Vet for advice.

·         Legalisation Information:

a) Legalize the above Certificate at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office

b) Send all documents to our Consulate together with a postal order in respect of our fee  and include a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope so we can post it back to you when it is ready. If you choose to bring it in person, please pay our fee in cash and the legalisation can be done the same day.

:):):):)

PREPARING YOUR PET FOR TRAVEL

One month before you travel
Have your animals micro chipped.
You can look at PetTravel.com to familiarize yourself with the entry requirements of each country you may be passing through. Get to know the entry requirements for each country on your itinerary. Also pay close attention to the breed of your dog because some breeds are banned in certain countries even for animals in transit.

Quarantine information: Again, you can look here for information on required quarantines. Egypt DOES NOT require any quarantine for pets arriving from the US or the EU with the proper paperwork. If you will be entering Egypt via a different country it may be up to the discretion of the Ministry of Agriculture in Cairo to determine if a quarantine is necessary.

Three weeks before you travel
Visit your vet and ask him/her to photocopy all your pet's records so you have them for the vet in your destination country. Also schedule an appointment to see your vet 10 DAYS before your flight. Inform your vet of your plans to travel and the countries you will pass through so they have time to gather the US Department of Agriculture APHIS International Health Certificate forms they will need when you come back for your appointment. Most vets have these forms on hand and many have experience with filling them out. Here are some useful links for the USDA and other useful links that you can begin to look over prior to your vet appointment:

Hello ebcmarwan!

Thanks for your contribution.:top:

Harmonie.:)

hello harmonie

you are welcome dear :)

have great day ;)

ebcmarwan

hi everyone i am bringing my small dog to Egypt in November and have contacted the Egyptian Embassy  in London and was told that as long as you have the rabies  vaccine done and all the other relevant jabs you don't need an antibody test for the rabies vaccine as long as you have the proof that it has been done within the last year, and also the health certificate, to be legalized as said with the British stamp and then the Egyptian stamp if anyone can confirm that the rabies antibody test has to be done then i would appreciate that info as i have been told it is not needed Thankyou. Maggie

thanks all for sharing this useful information :)

don moe wrote:

thanks all for sharing this useful information :)

you are more than welcome don :):)

[Moderated: self-promoting is not allowed]

Hello,

Are the formalities to bring pets in Egypt in this thread the same now in 2017?

Thanks in advance,

I am also wondering about this as I am planning to relocate to Cairo in July and want to bring my 3 small dogs and 1 parrot from Thailand.  I am an international teacher and brought them from Kuwait 2 years ago.  I read that I MUST have an authorized ground agent to liaise with the Egyptian customs.