Formalities to bring your pet in Denmark

Hi all,

What are the formalities and paperwork required to bring your pet in Denmark?

How long do formalities & paperwork usually take in Denmark?

What are the relevant authorities to contact?

Which vaccines are compulsory? Do your pets have to go in quarantine at their arrival in Denmark?

Which advice would you give to the ones who would like to move with a dog, a cat or any other pet?

Thanks in advance for participating :)

Hey
It depends on where the pet is coming from.  There is a EU website that states the requirements.  I can't seem to find it at the moment but if you search it comes up.

If you don't want your pet quarantined or have them quarantined for the least amount of time they need to be microchiped with all their vet info.

Hope this is a start.

Good luck!

Hi mvasu,

Thank you very much for this information! :)

Hi Everybody,
I'm myself planning to bring my 10 year old dog to Denmark. I did lots of research and contacted lots of different agencies in order to get the information as to what kind of papers were required and to get familiar with the procedure itself.I was given a link, which was a real blessing. It states all the requirements for importing a pet to Denmark. There are different requirements, depending on from which country you are importing the pet from. Have a look at the link below; it will tell you everything you need to know.

Wish you good luck.   

uk.foedevarestyrelsen.dk/ImportExport/Travelling_with_pet_animals/Dogs_cats_ferrets/Travelling_to_Denmark/forside.htm

Hi Julien

I know it's an old question of yours, but I believe it'll always be relevant :)

I moved my cat from Russia to Denmark just last year. Took some time and effort but was definitely worh it!!

Iøve written a post about it on my blog. If you're interested in reading it, it's Here

Let me know if it answers your question :)

BR,
Lena