I will be bringing my dog over in about a month to Accra

Hi all,new here and just looking for a bit of advice.

I will be bringing my dog over in about a month to Accra, then Takoradi to stay for good. Coming from Canada I hope things will go well. As you can probably tell by my username ,he is a Rottweiler , around 8 years old..my biggest fear is the climate change , however he did live in Florida for a while and he could handle that..and I also think with the right common sense I can manage the heat with him. We have a house on the beach so with the AC and beach I think he should be ok. Any other suggestions anyone may have would be greatly appreciated. Also, how is the vet care compared to our north american standards?

Thanks!

Keith

Hello Keith and welcome to Expat.com!

Your message has been introduced as a new thread in the Accra forum for better visibility.

I hope that you will have a lot of advice soon.

Harmonie.:)

If you look at previous postings I think Sheena has answered all your questions. I'm sure you can do a search on the site.

Thank you for the warm welcome and the making the new topic Harmonie! :) I appreciate that very much! I have found most of the information I need now by searching but I did have a little help from pres. Mills men thankfully! So it made things so much easier. I guess when working with the presidents men does have it's perks...lol

I look forward to the move, should be about a month or so ,as our company went on the stock exchange offically today. I can;t wait to get back there and I find that Takoradi is such a nice place..Accra was a bit too busy for me traffic wise but def still love the place.Hopefully I can meet some fellow canadians there during my 2-3 year stay.

thanks again!