Places to visit outside of Colombo in Sri Lanka

Dear Members,

I want to know what are the other good places of tourist attraction in Sri Lanka other than Colombo. Where can any expat stay for few days without  any permit or fear of any security problems. Kindly let me know where are these places and how to reach there, how long it takes, where to stay and What is the cost.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Bappaditya Basu.::)

Check this site for places and hotels.

places : destinationslanka.com/Destinations.aspx
hotels : destinationslanka.com/BrowseHotels.aspx

Hi loganrrj,

could you please introduce yourself and give more details on places to visit in Colombo?

Thank you very much.

Hi Christine.

I live in kandy, im a undergraduate of university of peradeniya.

Well Christine... Colombo is the capital of sri lanka. You can visit our museum , Gall face beach, kalani river and Dehiwala zoo in Colombo. Other than that Colombo is just buildings.

If you are looking for a eco-vacation in sri lanka Colombo is not the place to be. We have everything from beaches , waterfalls , mountains , wildlife, historical monuments and everything else. So if you can tell me your interests, il try to give you more specific information.

Anywhere in sri lanka it's safe now. so as a guy don't worry somuch about it. when it comes to out of colombo you should say what sort of things you like to watch and do. so then we canhelp you. kandy,Nuwara Eliya and galle cities are really nice.