Primary schools

Hi all, I have been living in AlAin for the past well lets just say long enough :) my children until now have been going to AAESS I havnt been to happy with their progress so made the decision to pull them out and move them to chouiefat .... have heard all the rumors how tough chouiefat is, how its military style and very old school just wondering if anyone has any other comments or are there any other parents out there struggling with the same dilemmas I am .. kids ages are 9, 5 and 4

My husband went to Choufat (sp?) and he did well. I have heared their teaching staff are not all qualified and stuff like that...I heared from expat teachers they have a big turn around. What about Al Ittihad? Have you thought of there :) My kids will go there...we coudl not get one into Liwa like the other one but want them to be in the same school... :)

I think if you want results, go for it.. If you want a happy child or have a less than brilliant academic child, avoid it... I'm a teacher so having looked at their site, that's what I pick from it... Oxbridge... Great.  Otherwise avoid.  However go and look around all your options... in person and get into classes WHILST the kids are in school... Insist to come whilst kids there and see if you get taken INSIDE the classes.  Says a lot!

BTW we have jobs with ADEC and are likely to be placed in Al Ain.  Have you met any teachers on the ADEC project from expat community?  Are they happy?  If you kno0w any can you ask them to blog or email me? I've read loads of worrying stuff about teacher conditions and treatments, accommodations, behaviour etc in ADEC schools.

Does a UK wii and dvd player plug in and work on an UAE TV or should we just leave them home?

dionnerooney wrote:

Does a UK wii and dvd player plug in and work on an UAE TV or should we just leave them home?

Yes, UAE is 230v/50Hz UK type 3 pin plug.

thanks... sometimes the dvd etc doesn't work as have a different format ...  Let us know which school you chose and how it goes...

It seems like only options are aaess, the American one and aldar English school (think it's new). I've contacted them by email ... The American one was helpful but only a handful of Brits and not sure if wise to put kids into another system when plan to return in few years...Did you visit? We now at visa stage!!!

try to go for aldhafra  or sanawbar or liwa  they are sme level  of choufat school  put not expensive as  it

best regards

Hi there.  I am being interviewed on Monday for a 'govt' teaching job in August.  I have a family I will be moving with (kids 5, 8).  Is there anywhere you recommend or think I should avoid at all?  Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your information :) We moved here (Al Ain) from Washington last month and I'm still trying to find my way around, none seems to point me in the right direction or even bother to; don't know why?.
My son just turned 4 (last week) and I've been trying to find a school for him. Can you recommend me your 2 tops choices? money is not an issue, just want the transition to be smooth, good learning and healthy environment.
Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Hana

aloush1986 wrote:

try to go for aldhafra  or sanawbar or liwa  they are sme level  of choufat school  put not expensive as  it

best regards

I picked aaess but have lived to regret it! Wish I'd paid extra and gone aldar. Pm for details. Both heads of aaess apparently leaving as are loafs of kids. Says a lot. Pm more details if you want my experiences of aaess.