How safe is Oman now for Indian Expats

Dear Friends,

Please guide me on current situation in Oman. How safe is the environment now for Indian Expats?

vaibhavr wrote:

Dear Friends,

Please guide me on current situation in Oman. How safe is the environment now for Indian Expats?

Hi Vaibhavr,

Rest assured Oman is one of the safest countries in this entire big, bad world !
And it continues to remain so.
Yes, lately there has been some minor protests and 'peace walks' by the citizens, but all that is now sorted and the country is well and truly back on track.
As far as employment opportunities are concerned for expatriates things are difficult and it will only get worse as the locals now need to get employment. 90,000 new jobs have to be created before the next National Day as per the directives of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said. Now where would those 90,000 new jobs come from ? From expatriates of course. So slowly but surely expatriates will have their jobs taken over by Omanis. Already there are talks of work visas not getting renewed for expats who have already spent a considerable amount of time in the Sultanate.
Regarding safety and security in the Sultanate of Oman there never has been any serious problem or threat, and I personally do not foresee any coming in the near future too.

Thanks so much Sumitran for the quick response.

vaibhavr wrote:

Dear Friends,

@ venkateshraju > Do you have some information to share about this topic please?

Also note that this is a very old topic (2011)

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi,

Its very safe to live and work in Oman, every omani i know, knows hindi too, They share a long cultural relationships with india. There are temple and churches too in Oman. There is new labour law for empowering more omani nationals to the workforce.

Its a very safe place

regards

rajesh