How can I get permission to stay in India for a year or more?

I am an Iranian man residing in Tehran. I studied in Pune University long ago. I wish to visit Pune & stay there to review my memories & for recreation. Tourist visa is issued for a short period of time. Does anybody know how can I get permission to stay in Pune/India for at least one year? Thanks

I think you should apply for student visa.

Thanks Starkhan for your reply.
1) Is a student visa issued to a 65 year old man? e.g.  for a B.A. English Language Course.
2) Is there any other way?

I have just answered you sir. Please check your in box and let me know please.
e-mail id: [email protected]

Hello starkhan!

Don't forget that you may also help on the forum , so that other members may benefit from it.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks a lot Harmonie.
I would try my best to post here also.
I am sorry.

I received your mail. Thank you.
Congradulation to you as you have just completed your graduation. I wish you all the best in your post graduation studies. 
I am not a businessman. Just a retired middle class simple fellow who has a lot of memories from Pune. I studied B.sc. & M.Sc. in Pune all in First Class. I was a Ph.D student when the revolution took place in Iran. I went back to Iran & didn't continue my studies in India.
I had a friend in Pune. We were very good to each other for eight years. She suddenly died after some years due to asthma attack when I was in Iran . I couldn't imagine this could happen. Now she is in a grave in Pune. I like to attend on her grave & talk to her whenever I feel so. & if possible I be buried near her after my death. I stayed in Pune for three months last year. By the way, I am 66 but quite healthy & fit now.
I don't want to work or do any business in India. I have enough money for the rest of my simple life wherever I reside in Asia.
I really thank you for your guidance.

I have also heard about some illegal ways. e.g. overstaying a tourist visa. But I never want to be offended or humiliated by local authorities.

Anybody knows any other way  ...  please let me know. My email is "[email protected]"

I am sorry for such tragedy in your life. I wish I could reduce your sorrow and grief.

Thank you Starkhan for your sympathy.

Hi Tushar,
Thank you for your interest. If you want to communicate with me via private mails you may directly send me email to my address given above. Otherwise we can exchange our views  here in this forum so that everybody can participate. Thanks

Hi Uncle,

You could try www.kingstonservicesindia.com
They help expats settle in Pune. I mean, the paper work and extending of visas etc. Maybe you can come with a 3 month visa and ask them to get it extended. Or maybe you could directly contact them from where you are!!!

Gregory

Hello Uncle,
I am very happy to know that you like Pune as it is my birth place. Pune is really beautiful city and is known as Oxford of east. Though it is now very crowded but still it has that old charm. You can always come on tourist visa. As far as staying longer, I will try to find out any possibility.
Please do not try illegal means as they may land you in problems. These are troubled times.