Running in Maputo

Hi, I just moved here, and have been out running a couple of times, along the beach towards Costa do Sol, and doing some uphill interval traning in the roads between Marginal and Friedrich Engels. Since running alone is not considered completely safe for women (and since it's sometimes nice to run with someone of course!) I'm wondering if there's any runners out there who would like company. I normally run 10-15 km, or intervals for 30 mins or so, but flexible of course.
I did go to the Hash once but that's only once per week, it's not always Saturday afternoon is convenient, and it also does take a lot of time for a one hour run. Nice and social though.
Let me know
Mari

Hello Mari and welcome to Expat.com!

You should post an advert in the Maputo classifieds > community section/ sport partners.

I hope it helps,
Harmonie.:)

Thanks for your advice. I was thinking this limited community was a good place to start. But if there is no response I will.
:)
Mari

Hi Mari

I am also new to Maputo and struggling to get some decent runs in (after work beers have been taking priority!).  Would definitely be interested in running with someone else whilst I'm here - i return to the UK at the end of September - I'm supposedly training for an October marathon!

Do get in touch if you'd be up for a run sometime

Kate

Great. I have written a message to you - hope you receive it.
:)
Mari

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow Kate. Looks like the tide will be up at 3 pm though, so no luck on that one. We'll go along the ocean anyway and see how it goes! The tide table is at http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/cal … /3587.html
Mari

Hi Mari,

Please e-mail at [email protected] for a running partner. My husband Mike sent you a message as well. I could run for about an hour some mornings before work at 6:45AM and Saturdays for longer runs.
Liz