Collaborative Art Project (You do not have to be an artist)

Hey all,

I'm an Egyptian who was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. I visit Egypt once a year or two.

I'm an experimental artist and blogger on "A Love Affair with Art and Design"

I'm currently working on an art project with a very tight deadline. It is based on my research and thoughts on the topic of Arab stereotypes. You can read it here

I cannot discuss the art project entirely yet because the gallery has not announced the exhibiting artists publicly yet. However, I can tell you that it involves taking hundreds of photographs in my two homes: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia , and Cairo, Egypt.

My objective is to show the truth that has been hiding behind Hollywood's portrayal of Arabs. In the end, most of us are just ordinary peaceful people.

I will be coming to Cairo this Friday and staying until September 10th. I would really love to network with people who don't mind going out for a meal with me or hanging out, and allowing me to take their picture.

I would also love to get suggestions for places where I could photograph people and not get yelled at :D

You will definitely get a soft copy of the best photograph from the shoot if you like.

If interested to know more about this project, please feel free to send me a personal message with your email so I can provide more details.

I can be found on:
Twitter: twitter.com/#!/SorayaDarwish
Facebook: facebook.com/soraya.darwish
(Please introduce yourself if you send a friend request)

Your help is most appreciated!

Hello SorayaD!

I hope that other members will help you soon.

You may also post an advert in Cairo classifieds > community section/ Events, Activities, Leisures

Harmonie.:)

Hi Soraya, It is nice to know that you are coming to Egypt very soon

Anyway we are doing here alot of outings, hope you will be able to join one of them, just follow up the forums regularly and you will know our network and our outings

And concerning the photographs issues,  you will find here alot of amazing places with nice views, and that will help you to take marellous views, and also I think Egyptian people love to take photos, so you will not suffer alot here

Anyway, I hope for you to succeed in your job here in Cairo:)and I love the idea of your project

been looking @ ur work
and
loved the passion in ur work
keep it up

Awesome :)