Running Clubs in Lyon

Hi everyone,

I have been living in Lyon for nearly a year now and have still to find a running club to join! I enjoy running but not competitively, and enjoy running in ocassional races (such as the Lyon 10k).

If you know of any clubs that might be good for me please let me know I'd be very greatful!

Thanks,
Helen

Hello Helen!

I hope that other members will advise you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Hey!
My name is Tara and Im moving to Lyon soon from St Etienne. I also love running (non-competitively of course) and as I dont know any good clubs, maybe we could start our own? I've visited le parc tete d'or many times and I think its fantastic for getting a good run/work out there! Perhaps when I move to Lyon at the end of the month we can try set something up?

Hi Tara !

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Tara that sounds like a great idea as I love having company when running!  Hopefully then we'd be able to rope some other people into it too :)

Helen

Hi Helen and Tara,

I moved to Lyon about 5 months ago and love running. I still have not found anyone to run with (besides my boyfriend who is way too fast!)

Are you two running together? Can I please join? I live right next to Bellecour so can meet you where ever you want.

Thanks!

Robyn

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]
I run twice a week , feel free to contact me if you want to run with me
Xavier

Hello everyone!

Im totally new here on expat (and in Lyon for that matter, moved here 4 months ago) and I found it when I was googleing around trying to find a running club to join here in Lyon.

I'm not a "hardcore" runner, I just ran my first 11K a few weeks ago. I run for fun.

Right now I'm injured but if you guys are getting together in the future to run, I'd love to come, if it would be ok? :)

Hi there,

I have not heard back from the two girls who started this conversation, but you are welcome to meet me for a run. Im pretty unfit at the moment, but I need to start getting fit again! Maybe we can start by going for a fast walk!??

I have been living in Lyon for around 8 months now with my French boyfriend. Let me know if you want to meet for a run in the evening after work and we can go!

Robyn

Hi,

Okay, yes that sounds good! I'll send you a private message :)

hi, can i join you? thanks.