Grand Baie

This is a great site with a wealth of information especially from Julien.
I am considering moving to Grand Baie soon. I like to know of any good places to go jogging in the neighborhood? Can you list the apartment complexes with good facilities such as a gym? Their website, or contact information would be helpful. Orange's website didn't have any listings of use.

Welcome on board,

Mon choisy beach - up to Trou aux biches is great for jogging.

For the apartments complex, there must be a few ones but I don't actually know any.
I know two gym Grand baie gym centers in Grand Baie:
http://www.grandbaiegym.com/indexuk.htm
and Harmony (I am not sure if they've got a website or not)
You can also have access to the hotels facilities

Hi Julien,
Thanks for the information. I see the gym in the lonely plant guide's map towards the west end.
As I am researching the net I came accross the following from a person who spent 10 days in Grand Baie:

"Grand Baie is not a thrilling place; the beaches are quite small and not the paradise one imagines when thinking of Mauritius…is also too touristic. And if you think you can walk from beach to beach and go along the coast… forget it, unless you do it through the water…the other option is a road full of traffic and no sidewalks.
If I would go again, next time I would stay in the southwest, next to Le Morne."

I guess the above review doesn't apply to the  'Mon choisy beach'. From the satellite map 'Mon choisy beach' appears to be one long (> 4KM) unbroken white sandy beach but the REALITY may be quite different. What is your opinion? 

Since I haven't yet setup roots I have  flexibility in choosing the most desirable area. I enjoy walking & jogging in the  US where I live with side walks and pedstrain signals. The above review seems to say there are no side walks  - are there parts of residential neighborhoods (with condos, or apartments to let) in Grand Baie that  have sidewalks leading to the center and market? Is the west end of the Grand Baie like that?
In one of your postings you mentioned long term rental units that come with inhouse tennis court? What about rentals that come bundled with inhouse gym? If so what ball park monthly rental? Like Rs20K per month?
Thanks,
Ses

Grand Baie is not a thrilling place;

Some people are never happy you know ...

Isn't it better to come and make your opinion / choice by yourself ?

There are two tennis courts indeed in my condo, but I don't know any with gym (or I would have told you in my first message). It might exist but I don't know everything ;)

Try lexpressproperty.com to find out more about real estate in Mauritius / Grand Baie

yes I pay 20K RS per month

Thanks a lot. I checked the site and it is what I am looking!

Julien,
What is your opinion of 'AquaVillage condo complex' in terms of upkeep, security, etc.? Also, please keep me posted of vacancies that you come across in any of  the apartment/condo complexes with shared pool, or tennis court. Thanks.

I think it's around Super U in Grand Bay. I don't know anybody there, so I can't help you very much ...