Remedial schools in Mauritius

Hi there

We are looking to move to Mauritius but my biggest concern is always the children. My daughter is 11 years old and currently at a remedial school in South Africa. She is doing really well and achieved 71% as her term average. She is right brained and responds to right brain methods of teaching. My youngest is 9 and attends a mainstream school. Are there schools that could accomodate both?
Which schools would you recommend?
Many thanks
Belindaxxx

Hi Belinda,

IPS in Labourdonnais outside Grand Baie is an English medium school that has a special educational needs department,perhaps contact them to discuss your daughters specific requirements.

Good Luck,
Andi

Hi Andi
Thanks for coming back to me. I have looked at IPS and it looks great. If I am correct they only cover Primary school which would be perfect for now. Do you know if any of the High schools would be accommodating.
Thanks again
Belinda xxx

Well, IPS is the feeder school to Northfields High School across the road, which offers both Cambridge and international Baccalaureate diplomas and is very well regarded. The new headmaster is a lovely man formerly from St Charles in Pietermaritzburg and is very approachable, again, I would recommend contacting the school regarding your daughters specific needs.

KR,
Andi