Hello, American living in the land of windmills. :)

Hi! My name is Sabrina, I'm new to Expat.com. I'm an American currently working out the initial kinks for residency in Holland. I met my boyfriend online about 10 years ago, and joined him in Europe a year and a half ago. Unfortunately due to the Netherlands' strict residency requirements, I've had to go back and forth every three months during that time, except for the time I was pregnant with our beautiful now 6n month old son, when I stayed in the US. Our son and I are due to return to Holland next month, when we will finally be applying for my residency permit (our son already has duel citizenship, lucky bug).

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. If you have any questions about me feel free to ask.

Also, if anybody knows where I can get a really cool layout for my blogger blog, please let me know, I need to spice up my page a bit. :)

hey!

i am trying to work out the initial steps on finding info on moving to the netherlands. i have a wonderful dutch boyfriend whom i want to be with. can you share your information with me as you go through the process? i have a 4 year old daughter.

thanks!

Welcome Sabrina :-)

Welcome on board Sabby1 !

Very nice love story :) I wish you the best in Holland :)

Kmorros, I've replied to your private message. I'll send you more information once I have more specifics. :)

Jo Ann, Thank you glad to be here. :)

Julien, thank you for creating this site! Also, thank you for wishing me luck. It's nice to know you are able to read everyone's posts! I'm pretty happy with my love story myself. :)

Hi Sabrina,
I am also in a situation where I'm looking at moving to Netherlands to be with my gorgeous Dutch boyfriend.
I'd really appreciate any info, advice or tips you could give me! I have done some research, but still don't know a lot.
Thank you! :)
Kym

hey! i am moving to Breda, where are you thinking of moving to? i will be starting my paperwork in the next few months so i will let you know how it goes.

Hi There
I am also an American living in Utrecht area for almost 2 years now. I went through and I have my visa now and in 3 years will have citizenship hopefully.
so, have you found any good places/sites that help you connect with other expats. It would be nice to find some other expats to chat with.

I really haven't found anything... I have a few friends on facebook, you can look me up on facebook by my email address: [email protected]. :)

Hi! The Netherlands expat network might help you to get some contacts.
Good luck!