Rent a flat or a house in Cagayan de Oro

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Cagayan de Oro. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Cagayan de Oro.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Cagayan de Oro?

How to find a home in Cagayan de Oro: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

There are many flats and apartments here in cagayan de oro. Almost all subdivisions have houses for rent. Its a little bit hard to find apartment that will suit your taste specially if your an expat and your first time in this place..  But this city , i assure you is very nice... I will be very glad to give advise on where to find your apartment suited for you...

Hello heinrich!

Thanks for your input ;)

Armand

Hi
I would like to have some idea of the cost of living over there...please send me line and tell me about the cost of life for a real person, not a visitor. My plan is to retire over there next year
Any information will be greatly appreciated
God Bless

elpargo wrote:

Hi
I would like to have some idea of the cost of living over there...please send me line and tell me about the cost of life for a real person, not a visitor. My plan is to retire over there next year
Any information will be greatly appreciated
God Bless

hi it all depends what sort of budget you have .myself will give you example what it costs me im in lapu lapu near cebu ,i pay 5000 pesos a month for 2 bed ground floor appartment which includes water 43 pesos to a dollar .electric is the most expensive part phillipines has the 5th highest electricity prices in the world my average bill is 4000 pesos a month but i have aircon in 2 rooms if you have only fans on then it would be about 2000 a month .rice is around 38 pesos a kilo vegatables very cheap also fruit 25 pesos for 5 gallon of purified water .back to accomadation if you rent in the city say a condo you will pay around 15000 to say 30000 a month depending on the size and location as i said its all about what sort of lifestyle you want .feel free to ask me anything else

This is a electricity comparison publish on the website
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricit … comparison
I copy/paste onto spreadsheet it shows Phillipines is 20 out of 35 countries compared and the average price is 18.86 usc per kw
so Phillipines price is below average.
My comparison with my daughter cost of electricity in Aust bears this out, she pays average $200AU per month, we here pay average
$100Au per month average, same size household
Ukraine    3.05
Uzbekistan    4.95
Pakistan    5.28
Argentina    5.74
Canada    6.18
Finland    6.95
Malaysia    7.42
Iceland    8.45
Russia    9.49
Perú    10.44
Thailand    11.00
Moldova    11.11
USA    11.20
Belgium    11.43
Turkey    13.10
Philippines    15.80
China    16.00
France    16.79
South Africa    17.10
Croatia    17.55
Portugal    18.12
UK    19.18
Australia    19.67
Spain    19.69
Ireland    20.50
Singapore    20.69
Latvia    21.48
Hungary    22.40
Uruguay    22.43
Chile    23.11
Jamaica    25.13
Sweden    27.34
Germany    30.66
Netherlands    34.70
Italy    37.23
Denmark    42.89
Tonga    45.70

blueoakey wrote:

This is a electricity comparison publish on the website
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricit … comparison
I copy/paste onto spreadsheet it shows Phillipines is 20 out of 35 countries compared and the average price is 18.86 usc per kw
so Phillipines price is below average.
My comparison with my daughter cost of electricity in Aust bears this out, she pays average $200AU per month, we here pay average
$100Au per month average, same size household
Ukraine    3.05
Uzbekistan    4.95
Pakistan    5.28
Argentina    5.74
Canada    6.18
Finland    6.95
Malaysia    7.42
Iceland    8.45
Russia    9.49
Perú    10.44
Thailand    11.00
Moldova    11.11
USA    11.20
Belgium    11.43
Turkey    13.10
Philippines    15.80
China    16.00
France    16.79
South Africa    17.10
Croatia    17.55
Portugal    18.12
UK    19.18
Australia    19.67
Spain    19.69
Ireland    20.50
Singapore    20.69
Latvia    21.48
Hungary    22.40
Uruguay    22.43
Chile    23.11
Jamaica    25.13
Sweden    27.34
Germany    30.66
Netherlands    34.70
Italy    37.23
Denmark    42.89
Tonga    45.70

i have to disagree with ya look at some of the dates on the spreadsheet many are out of date ive discussed this with many expats and they mostly agree that the price is sky high right now

[moderated: advertisement]

I will go to CDO in October. I would like to know if you know a budget inn for me. I wil go to Camiguin for a few days of vacation. I hope you can help me. Thanks

i know one within the city. I thing its victory inn something i forgot the exact name of the place. But its at the back of Malberry suites. Near Limketkai Mall

Hi Heinrich:

I saw your post here although I realize it was some time ago so I don't know if you're in a position to comment
on CDO now.  I'm considering moving there and would be looking for a basic studio apt (with cooking facilities).  Or a small one bedroom would do.

I work online so I'd be looking for the availability of a decent internet connection too.

Can you give me any ideas on the approximate price range of something like that?

Also, everybody seems to like like the place but doesn't CDO get some bad storms sometimes?

Thanks much,
Art Williams

... help with Flat or ?...  in Cagayan de Oro...

after 3 years of learning about the people and culture, and nearly 1 year of researching economies and housing.... this is what I have learned:

1.  agents: they get a 'portion' of YOUR rent money each month.  Most hire one, but it will cost you 10 to 30% more by doing so.   Contacting them 'online' is tough.  of the more than 50 I wrote, only 7 replied, and all but 1 were 'grossly over local prices'.

2.  Rent to Buy Condos:  above ground floor high-rises sell this way... you pay in fact 2x the 'fair value' per square meter, for a tiny place.. .or for single male about 4,200,000, and have to give 10K USD to start.  NOT WISE!

3.  Locals posting 'online' ...  some landlords have 2 and 3 or more 'homes or apartment buildings'... and do list 'online'.   these who do, have a 'wild' range of pricing.  From 30,000 a month, .. to as low as just 3,800 for a tiny furnished 2 room with aircon unit.   By the way, CONTACTING the lowest priced ones is tough.. by phone only, so wait until you are 'in the city'.

4.  Advice from SOME.. is that you:
      a.  hire an 'honest' girl to 'seek something for you'..   local landlords charge 2x more for expats, than locals, for the SAME unit.   but... GOOD LUCK finding such a girl, even if you pay her, MOST are thieves.
      b.  however..  some expats told me that 'motorcycling or jeepneeing' around town you will see signs posted 'for rent' .... this is a great way to 'find a house or apartment'...but then you have to have a strong back to 'walk away' from the dishonest or questionable deals,...but also 'take' with written terms that are clear, the place that is 'cheap, SAFE, no flood, and has the amenities you need'.   Going rates doing it this way.. 5,000 a month or so average.
      c.  condo'ing it at 'snob hill'..  a great option... and you WILL pay 11,000 to 15,000 minimum for a very small but fully furnished unit in a 'plush' area.

... with these facts, I would like to know from ANYONE living in CDO... of any apartments They find.. I would like to move.

thank you