Rent a flat or a house in Tehran

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Tehran. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Tehran.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Tehran?

How to find a home in Tehran: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Dear

Iran is a big and very beautiful country to visit and live . But you should be far from government and other idiots they are supporting them! .. that will be very easy :)

Iranians are very friendly and warm people and you can find friends in a week and enjoy your life that you didn't see before !

if you go to Iran to work for any company, they will provide you House and car ( by law ) but if you are going there by your self to live , each 500 meter you can find real estate agencies ! ..
rent is not cheap in Iran specially in Tehran is very expensive .

Rent  from south to North of Tehran is a Funny story . in downtown you can rent a apartment monthly between 400$ - 700$ ... in North of Tehran min start 3000$ to god knows !

west and east of Tehran you can find a new apartment with better range, between 1000$-2000$ ...

when you reach Iran asap find friends . go inside the Persian's life and enjoy . in Iran Bar , dancing,parties and fun life is in houses or gardens out of city !

TC

Hello eesa and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for your contribution.

Harmonie.:)

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Tehran?
no its not hard at all. there are lots of options for you as long as you have money.

How to find a home in Tehran: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?
there are many house agencies office everywhere in Iran (Tehran)and they have a list of vacant houses and apartments near their offices. so you just need to go their office and select what you want, they will show you the flat or house and if you like it they will make agreement between you and the owner of the flat. (these agencies will charge you for their services)

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?
the price is depended to the place that you would like to rent. northern part of Tehran has most expensive flats apartments houses penthouse etc.(usually foreigner prefer live in northern part)
there are two types of rental :
1: deposit + monthly rental - (for example for a small apartment in northern part you should pay about 10,000 USD for deposit  and about 1000 USD per month. you will get back the deposit after agreement period)
2: only deposit : in this way you don't pay monthly rent and after the contract you will get back all the money that you payed as deposit ( for example , for small apartment in northern part you should pay at least 70,000 USD )

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?
according to the rules tourists have to stay in hotels but if you have an other visa you can rent a flat or house with your passport and police register papers and some other papers that department of foreigner and immigration office will give you.

Which advice would you give?
I would like to advice you that to stay in northern part of Tehran however its expensive than other places. it looks beautiful and cool and everything you need is around and you don't need go to city centre which always has very heavy traffic. sport clubs , gyms , show rooms , nice quality restaurants , skiing , fast foods , shopping malls etc. all are near there , plus there is less air pollution there.
some streets which foreigner live there more are : Fereshteh,Elahiye,Zaferaniye,Niavaran,Darband,Velenjak,Jamshidiye,Jordan st, Zafar ...
I hope it helps you well
if you have any question about Tehran feel free to ask me.
:)

Hi givmaster!

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Armand

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello Dear!
Where Are you from!?! Which city of Iran you want to
Stay at?!? I can help you so let me know! I'll ask for you!

Naghmeh, could you please reply to the initial questions ?

Why?!?

Naghmeh wrote:

Why?!?

Because that is the purpose of the forum. :rolleyes:

yes there are many many to be rented.

Hi,
I am currently going to visit Iran (Tehran) this may, and would like to find apartment for rent (Short stay/10 days).
I hold Turkish citizenship so does the same rule apply such as hotel only?
Can't I find rental apartments or even rent an apartment?
If I can, would people help me to find places (Mostly preferred North East Tehran) or even destination such as Bahman street, daroous etc.
Would love to get response ASAP please.

hi yes we will rent an apartment. you can contact me by ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

How can I contact you Pegah?

pegah12345 wrote:

hi yes we will rent an apartment. you can contact me by ***

Do you have any direct contact information?

Pegah.nemati

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Please note that contact details should not be posted on the forum for your own security.

Kindly use private message [small envelope under the profile picture] to exchange any personal information.  ;)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

Hi, I'm currently looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Tehran for a month. Would prefer North Tehran, zaafar street.

@Zahra S Imani

hello and welcome !

Please have a look at. the adverts posted in the Housing in Tehran section of the website. You may also create your own "looking for" advert if none of them suits your needs.

All the best

Bhavna