Rent a flat or a house in Almaty

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Almaty. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Almaty.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Almaty?

How to find a home in Almaty: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

To find the apartment of your dream in Almaty?

To take for rent for the first two-three nights a decent apartment in the down-town. For example

valentina-gh.narod.ru/flats4rent.html

buy local newspapers with apartments-for-rent ads

IZ ROOCK V ROOCKY, KREESH-ARE, CARAVAN ETC

find anybody who can help with translation and communication with the landladies/landlords over thelephone.

Make the deal on your own.

Welcome to Expat.com Ainsa!

And thank you for the tips.;)

Harmonie.:)

actually, it is not difficult to find a flat in Almaty.
you can find teh flat from site. krisha.kz
but i am not sure there is an english version for site.
i think 1 or 2 room flat costs 800-1200 usd.(+200usd for bills)
A passport is needed to be able to make a contract with the householder. you have to pay 20.000 tenges or 200 usd for commissioning

I shall be in need of having a furnished flat or a furnished room with toilet and kitchen facilities in Almaty city where I am to serve as International UNV for 11 months.This residence preferably be close to my office that is UNFPA sub regional office. Grateful if you could help solve my problem. I am vegetarian and have simple life.
Thanks.

Hello guys,

I also invite you to post an advert in the housing in Almaty section.

Thank you,
Christine

there is an internet site ?(krisha.kz)
you can find the flat as you wish...price location etc.

but you have to know russian))) or need a helper)))

I was looking a small flat around
d dostyk road

Irenebitangcolvillar wrote:

I was looking a small flat around
d dostyk road

Hello

This thread has been inactive since 2013. I suggest you to drop an advert in the Housing in Almaty section of the site to increase chances to find a nice rental.

Best Regards
Kenjee

Here Goes (deep breath!):

Q: Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Almaty?
A: It is very easy; there is a small area next to the Green Market where estate agents all have their tables in a row and you can walk around and ask for what you want. English however is not so well spoken - so take a friend or translator with you. If a translator is too expensive for you and you are new to the area, give me a call and I am sure we will have someone (a student) who would love to help for not too much.

Q: How to find a home in Almaty: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?
A: You can find a few websites that will have listings, but most are next to the green market.

Q: How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?
A: It depends what you are looking for; I have rented for $1,500 in an apartment block that included a swimming pool, gym and spa etc. and have rented for as low as $400 for Soviet style; it depends what you are looking for.

Q: What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?
A: Not many, most people want to rent unofficially to avoid paying the tax man you will have to mention from the start that you are a foreigner and will need registration and most will help and register you as a "friend".

Q: Which advice would you give?
A: Strike a deal with an agent to give 20% at the very end for finding you the apartment you want - this will avoid him showing you too many places at 1,000 Tenge each and waiting your time to make the numbers up! :)