Rent a flat or a house in Minsk

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Minsk. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Minsk.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Minsk?

How to find a home in Minsk: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Now that the school year has begun in Minsk the apartments and rooms are scarce and are growing more expensive. Depending on the term of stay one can opt for one of those apartment rental websites  that offer EUR 40+ flats in central Minsk or try and find a cheaper option through friends or acquaintances.

Andrei

Rent prices in Minsk depends on the location and the quality of the flat's furniture.

The prices vary from $400 to $1000.

The Dollar in Minsk now is hitting the ceiling as the exchange rate is about $1= BYP8600.

The foreigners must register at the police station ( the Immigration office ) and this should be done after the rent contract is signed and issued. The landlord will go with you for the registration.

The Belarussian people are so friendly and trust worthy, usually the landlord would write sign on a small piece of paper that he received the rent.

Hello everyone, I would like to know how easy or difficult it is to rent a house with a garden in Minsk.  I am continuing the topic which I started off on Pets in Minsk.  We may be moving to Minsk next year with a dog and a cat.  The cat is used to going outside.  I have looked on the internet but all I can find are appartments for rent.  This question is still very hypothetical, I am not looking for a concrete house to rent now.  Just information about whether this is possible. I was in Minsk as a student in the 1970s (shows my age, this does) and remember that there are parts of town where there are small family-type villas.  I would rather rent a cosy older house with battered furniture than one of the new-style "cottage" houses that seem to be springing up on the outskirts of Minsk.  Does anyone have any experience?